Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Red Turbo Esprit recommission project - Page 6 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Red Turbo Esprit recommission project

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

Back in the hole"yay" .....

does anyone know what way the air con pipes route around the chassis.  

I have forgotten.... oops. 

• Like 2

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Awesome job Wayne,  People forget how nerve racking it is for those few seconds as a large metal weight is hanging above your pride and joys rear end !   dId you use a block and tackle and push the car underneath it ?  

Job job and well done  :thumbup:  Sorry cant help on the air con, never had the luxury of owning an esprit with that gadget fitted lol 

• Like 1

A

23 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Awesome job Wayne,  People forget how nerve racking it is for those few seconds as a large metal weight is hanging above your pride and joys rear end !   dId you use a block and tackle and push the car underneath it ?  

Job job and well done  :thumbup:  Sorry cant help on the air con, never had the luxury of owning an esprit with that gadget fitted lol 

Yes Dan, block and tackle. And a strong roof rafter... 

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

On 20/02/2017 at 21:31, silverfrost said:

Yes Dan, block and tackle. And a strong roof rafter... 

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

Engine in and gearbox attached.

new mirror glass arrived from sj and it's too bleeding big for the mirror mount. Only about 2mm but still won't fit. Will have to see if I can cut a couple of mm off with a diamond wheel. What a pain....

12 hours ago, SPADGER27 said:

Air con is for wimps  B-)

Ha ha, air con is for cooooool dudes.... ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SPADGER27 said:

Wayne  My Esprit has a fibreglass under tray . I see yours has a green milk crate was this  standard  on early Esprit's  :lol:

Ha ha ha..... well spotted. 

I was trying to keep the modifications on this one to a limit but you have rumbled me. 

The S1 turned into a submarine.... this one turns into a milk float.... ?✌️️???

• Like 1

Wayne if you look closely there is a very small pipe and a nut and bolt you have forgotten to replace. This is under the carbs and requires  the engine to be removed to replace :lol:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SPADGER27 said:

Wayne if you look closely there is a very small pipe and a nut and bolt you have forgotten to replace. This is under the carbs and requires  the engine to be removed to replace :lol:

I was going to offer to do your gear selector rose joints and translator bearings. But I think on that model it's a body off job. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SPADGER27 said:

Looks like you may need my help

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

IMG_1774.JPG

• Like 2

So the brakes are ready to go back on tomorrow and the Turbo rebuild is complete. Thanks to Turbo dynamics for balancing the CHRA and Aldersbrook engineering for the use of their workshop.. cheers Blue....

This is my 4th Esprit turbo charger rebuild and was the most challenging. Every bolt hole needed helicoils as I had to grind all the bolt heads. Really pleased with the outcome. 

Oil is in the engine and ready to fill with water and fuel. Gear box needs filling and after having a new clutch hose made and installing a new slave cylinder that also needs filling with hydraulic oil as well as the brakes. Getting very close now.?✌️?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pete said:

Duxford?

No mate, Val Torrens... ?

11 hours ago, naasaa said:

Did you install engine and gearbox separately?

Lars

Yes Lars found that much easier to handle on my own. ?

12 hours ago, punky said:

Looking Good! B-)

Cheers Andy... what you up to?

2 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Top job Wayne, you will be able to eat your dinner off that engine bay, very tidy indeed :thumbup:

Ham Egg and chips.... ....?