Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stow-on-the-Wold Breakfast meet 27 Feb 2017 - Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Stow-on-the-Wold Breakfast meet 27 Feb 2017

dodge1979

We here in the Midlands group are organizing a little breakfast meet at Stow-on-the-Wold with the last sunday of this month in mind. Its a nice drive out from all directions, parking is a-plenty in the market square (although it can get busy there from about 10am onward if the weather is good) and there is an abundance of good coffee places and breakfast choices. Having visited a few times for breakfast, I would suggest visiting The Coffee House, Church Street which is a couple of minutes walk from parking. Breakfasts are fresh to order and have been consistently excellent each visit. 

Postcode for parking is GL54 1AB, and The Coffee House is GL54 1BB. I would suggest aiming to be meeting in the Market Square for 9.30 and if I know a number of attendees prior, I can call ahead and see if tables can be reserved for us.

Ill copy this post into the London, Midlands and Oxford regions to get a good local coverage. If this turns out to be a date which is unsuitable, by all means please suggest an alternative! If any definite attendees can make it, please drop your name below;

1 Dodge1979

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seriously, do we need 4 threads in different rooms for one event?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Like many on here, I use "View new content" thus all four threads appear.

So, regardless of whether it's in Region X, Y, Z it appears.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

But then I might miss something really important that the OP has to say if I ignore him :lol:

Point being, does he really need to update the list in every thread, effectively bumping all threads into the "View New Content"? Surely the main thread holds the list and the others are just pointers to the main thread for those that cannot find it? There isn't that much activity in each Region that requires individual thread bumping.

I guess I'll just suffer it until the 27th when the event happens... actually maybe I'd better check each thread for confirmation of event time.. where are they again? ;)

Wow. Im sorry you'll have to 'suffer it' And just because there are people who use 'view new content' is does not mean that everybody does. Its irrespective of how much activity is in each region as to whether a thread should be updated or not.I would politely ask then if your not interested perhaps stop hijacking what is supposed to be a nice social event thread, informing interested persons of the details and that other persons are going, with whinging about someone making an effort to try and inform a wider audience of people as to what is happening in their areas.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Lots going on, but I'll try hard to make this one.

1 dodge 1979

2 changes

3 palmergeddon

4 chrisv8

5 Trevsked (probably 99% best do or else)

6 Paul Maurice

7 David Hindley

8 Sparky

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

So it's looking like a good turn out for sunday. Regardless of some badly named bit of wind pushing a few fences over nothing stops the enjoyment of a lotus, coffee and no doubt cake..

14. Mr mrs lizard (from the Midlands somewhere?)

Ive booked a table at the destination for 9.30 under the name 'Darren', but its available from 9am which is when Speedwells open on Sunday. Its booked for approximately 10-12 persons, but I did say there may be more if there are partners etc and a few last minute attendees or possibly less if some shy off for a bit of misty weather. Sam the owner is happy to accommodate us in whatever numbers we turn up in and (subject to it turning into a success) has some good ideas for future meets if we decide to make a regular thing of it. And hes a keen enthusiast of the motor car too which always helps...

If anyone wants to get sitting down early before everyone turns up then by all means please do, just mention your from the Lotus group booked under my name. There is (I didnt know this) a service charge for large bookings of 10%, which in reality works out about 80 pence per person for their breaky at a guess so it isnt the end of the world. I did mention everyone will be ordering and paying separately so no doubt orders will be taken under persons names etc. I hope this is ok with everyone! We are going to the posh part of the world after all......