Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New forged wheels - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New forged wheels

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Anthracite.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

34 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Looking good. Anthracite for me. 

Have you done 2 on each side?

Yeah, silver one side, anthracite the other. Will leave it that way for a few weeks until I decide on a permanent colour, bit odd but I can't see both sides of the car at the same time.

37 minutes ago, swanny71 said:

Yeah, silver one side, anthracite the other. Will leave it that way for a few weeks until I decide on a permanent colour, bit odd but I can't see both sides of the car at the same time.

Exactly. 99% of people will never know or notice. Just keep both...

• Like 1

+1 on anthracite. To my eyes it works better than the silver, picking out the matte black details, which come out near anthracite in most lights anyway. Silver looks "all on it's own" a bit.

Good idea with the spray dip test BTW. Oh, and which do you like the best? We're only looking at pictures here

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, swanny71 said:

Yeah, silver one side, anthracite the other. Will leave it that way for a few weeks until I decide on a permanent colour, bit odd but I can't see both sides of the car at the same time.

You should get my wife to have a look, she can see what I'm looking at even when she's stood behind me.

Personally I prefer the anthracite silver, but I'd go darker still, would look even meaner with satin black to pick up the back in the side scoops spoilers ect.

2 hours ago, toshers said:

On the darker colour I prefer the silver.

Was looking on my phone earlier, but now I've seen the bigger images on my laptop, defo the anthracite.

• 2 months later...

Been speaking to production about forged wheels and colours.

Happy to report they will do silver and anthracite colours for me.

Not sure I want to stock more colours but that depends on interest from you guys

Tell me what you would like/ think

( Politely please ???)

I very respectfully tell you that's unfair :P ... I bought cast wheels from you, but now the silver forged ones are available, I'm very tempted ! another temptation by the end of the year, when Cup2s would probably need to be renewed :blush: ...

6 minutes ago, French Frie said:

I very respectfully tell you that's unfair :P ... I bought cast wheels from you, but now the silver forged ones are available, I'm very tempted ! another temptation by the end of the year, when Cup2s would probably need to be renewed :blush: ...

Sort of available. I need some interest/ commitment before placing a very expensive order?

okay, I got it ... can't they be ordered and made on demand ? I guess the silver are rather roadster focused, so maybe not that much interest/orders :ermm: ...

BTW, when I replaced my OEM silver wheels, I found out how different is this Lotus Silver (they didn't want to give me a RAL code) from the more classic silver on TD wheels :o ! less metallic, a bit more darker ...

Edited by French Frie

45 minutes ago, French Frie said:

okay, I got it ... can't they be ordered and made on demand ? I guess the silver are rather roadster focused, so maybe not that much interest/orders :ermm: ...

BTW, when I replaced my OEM silver wheels, I found out how different is this Lotus Silver (they didn't want to give me a RAL code) from the more classic silver on TD wheels :o ! less metallic, a bit more darker ...

We use a colour called hi power silver. Faily sure the standard silver used by lotus is available.

I need to order forged wheels in a minimum of 20 full sets...so not cheap 

Edited by Seriouslylotus

Well, two months on and I've still got odd coloured wheels on the car having failed to make my mind up. I think the wheels look best in silver but anthracite wheels look best in the car - if that makes sense?

Thinking somewhere between the two shades or maybe a shadow chrome (like the old e39 M5 wheels).

Seems to be a split decision amongst TLF users which hasn't helped much but I appreciate your thoughts :thumbsup:

ps Only one person has noticed the different coloured wheels without being told so maybe I could do 50/50.......

Oh and the car is Nightfall Blue