Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2017 Bell & Covill Concours d'Elegance - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2017 Bell & Covill Concours d'Elegance

Many thanks to @Bazza 907 for organising this once again and to Bell & Colvill for covering the trophy purchase :)

Back by popular demand there will be a Concours d'Elegance competition open to all Lotus cars. As last year there will be a separate parking area at MBW.

The Concours has proved to be very popular and so this year we have amended the categories moving away from age related to model type categories. These will be as follows

·         Esprit

·         Elise, Exige & derivatives (340R, 2-Eleven, 3-Eleven)

·         Evora

·         Elan M100

·         Elite (Type 75), Eclat, Excel

·         Elite (Type 14), Elan, Europa

·         Lotus Mk6 - Type 23

·         Others (Sunbeam, Cortina, Carlton)

As usual there will be a prize for the “Car of the Show”

Judging will be based on a range of different criteria that will include (but not be limited to) things such as originality, usage, general interest and modifications.

We hope to have around 35 cars and those taking part you'll need to arrive by 10am whereupon you'll be given a form to fill in giving a few details about the car for interest and judging. Like last year if we see some exceptional cars turn up on the day we may encourage the owners to enter even if they've not signed up in advance. The awards ceremony will be at c2.30pm in the S-Class Suite of MBW.

We hope to get a good spread of cars this year and so if you are interested in participating please add your name below and you will be advised if you’ve been selected to participate about a week before the show.

All Concours entrants will participate (though it’s not compulsory) in a number of parade laps around the MBW test track from 1:15pm. Please note that to take part in this, you must attend a safety briefing and sign a disclaimer - this will be inside MBW in the S Class Suite on the first floor at midday. You'll recieve a wristband to confirm that this is done.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Barrie, the Concours is always a great part of the weekend. My car flipping well better make it this year! :2guns:

• Like 1

I shall be driving up very slowly this year, have put the car back on the original NCTs just for this event. Yes, I am shamelessly broadcasting it, if I'm driving all that way on 1980's tyres, I want to be very sure that the judges notice!

There's no denying it looks better with them on, even the tread pattern seems to finish off the look. Might keep them on until Brands but after that it's going back on to the Pirellis.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

A damn good idea. Certainly worth some time on the parade lap! ;)

Hi Bibs - hope you're well! I'm gutted but I can't make it this year as I'm moving home that weekend - good luck and hope you all have a great day and I'll be back in 2018!  

• Like 1

We are a little light on Concours entries so far and so I'd encourage those with original but not necessarily immaculate (could eat dinner off any part of the engine) cars to think about entering them.  The Concours is not all about cars that have had a small/large fortune being spent on them to make them as good as, or even better than, new. It costs nothing to enter and there are some fantastic trophies to be won. 

It would also be great to see a wide selection of models in the Concours rather than just Esprits. 

The parking for the 'free to enter' Concours will be in the same spot as previous years which means great parking that's perfect for the cars to be looked at by all those attending.

I'd enter mine as it's always highly polished and shiny but it's a standard Elise and only 12 months old with no interesting history - aren't these concourse things mainly for old cars with something unique about them and therefore entering a new car is kind of missing the point?... discuss...

Just enter it Andy - so long as you polish mine when I get there :)

Will you be at Duxford tomorrow? edit; just seen your reply on the Duxford thread. See you at Brooklands.

In the Excel for Brooklands (family coming), Esprit for Duxford.

Bibs/Barrie. I've entered the LF1 this year. Is there a list of cars entered so far and also what time do we need to be there by as we're unable to stay at the Hotel this year due to Saturday commitments?

Danny

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM

Chaps,

I am going to miss this one which i am genuinely gutted about as we have end of season Rugby dinner for the boys on Sunday. Barrie we will get to meet at some point I am sure. 

Cheers

Danny

3 hours ago, DDubya said:

Bibs/Barrie. I've entered the LF1 this year. Is there a list of cars entered so far and also what time do we need to be there by as we're unable to stay at the Hotel this year due to Saturday commitments?

Danny

Danny, really need to be in position by c9.30am, earlier if possible. No list as such but when I last checked we were still light on entries to the Concours. The parade laps are not compulsory and the Concours parking area is excellent - the small car park on your left as you come in.

3 hours ago, Dan E said:

Chaps,

I am going to miss this one which i am genuinely gutted about as we have end of season Rugby dinner for the boys on Sunday. Barrie we will get to meet at some point I am sure. 

Cheers

Danny

Danny

No problem but I was looking forward to seeing the Esprit again.  

There are several categories that we still have no entries for. We can pick out cars as they come in as we did last year but what a great opportunity to win an International Concours and add serious ££££ to the value of your car.

Barrie, thanks. I did the Concours last year with my MK VI, as we're only down for the day this year, we're coming in the Exige. Polishing as we speak.

Danny W

PS, not sure Abby can make it this year??

IMG_0029.JPG

• Like 1

Sadly Abbey can't make it this year as I'm moving home next weekend - sorry folks! 

7 minutes ago, JNW3 said:

Sadly Abbey can't make it this year as I'm moving home next weekend - sorry folks! 

Jonathan. I saw that you weren't coming. Barb said that I've been moping around knowing that Abbey won't get chance to sit in my car again?

• Like 1

We've got 18 entries, would be nice to see a few more please. We've spent a lot of money on trophies, would be a shame to see them go to waste. 

Also, please note...

All Concours entrants will participate (though it’s not compulsory) in a number of parade laps around the MBW test track from 1:15pm. Please note that to take part in this, you must attend a safety briefing and sign a disclaimer - this will be inside MBW in the S Class Suite on the first floor at midday. You'll recieve a wristband to confirm that this is done.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I might be able to get that High Wing finished...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I would have been in like flynn for this (Category -  Evora Daily Driver.  It's by no means pristine anymore), but I won't be arriving until lunchtime due to a *cough* compromise agreement needed to be made to make it to the event... :(