Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 simply dreadful - Page 7 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 simply dreadful

Simon on tour

On 30/06/2020 at 21:50, Barrykearley said:

Hate to say it - but the ips ones are far more expensive since they don’t have the problematic clutch 

My S1 S with added power is 8 years (nearly) and 30k miles. The original clutch that is still in the car is not problematic :P

• Like 1

3.5k miles a year means you're not smiling enough especially given the roads near you.

You need to get out more!!!

:sofa::rofl:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You ever been on a track day with Tim, petrol stations probably run dry!

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

It wasn't a serious "dig" hence the emoji's. As long as you enjoy it then fairy buff.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

This thread is starting to read like the Aussie Section of F...chat..

I personally think sour grapes over one car and one experience doesn't justify the title of the thread. For that I believe it should be changed to "Evora 400 simply dreadfully brilliant to drive"

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 13:50, jep said:

I think it should be more widely known how awful the Evora 400 is. They especially have major issues with big bills once 4 to 5 years old.

Justin

PS. please see my WANTED advert for a 400 IPS (2015 or 2016 ideally).

I've got a 2016 400 IPS you can have.......................................... but it'll cost you the price of a GT410 :hrhr:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Despite the fact it is now 2 years old with 7.5k (I drive it a bit more than @tim_marra does his, but not much lol) fast miles under it's belt on crazy pot holed Scottish roads it doesn't have a single squeak, rattle or anything from anywhere!  FFS, really!

I'll have you know I did 9k in the first year :P. Love your post though, they are indeed shit cars :yes: I'm so glad I have mine.

• Love 1

Strange how this thread is thankfully allowed to die 3 years ago and then gets resurrected with a post that makes no mention of the Evora 400. Couldn’t the new posts be allocated to a new thread and leave the old one 6ft under, where it belongs?

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/07/2020 at 12:11, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Strange how this thread is thankfully allowed to die 3 years ago and then gets resurrected with a post that makes no mention of the Evora 400. Couldn’t the new posts be allocated to a new thread and leave the old one 6ft under, where it belongs?

I was trying to address the ridiculous fanboyism of the Porsche as a reliable alternative to Lotus! I've only a few experiences of modern Lotus's, but a lot with Porsche, and Porsche is far from a reliable alternative IMO.

Would I buy lotus? The Evora is the only car I would buy. But what I would like from Lotus is another Espirt ... a proper supercar that people can actually get in and out of without being a contortionist. And what do we get … the Ejiva, ... yet another totally useless piece of **** that will only end up collecting dust in some rich person's car collection.

Porsche, Lambo and Fezza are steaming ahead in sales. Lotus needs a proper supercar, but what we get is a company that focuses on cars on one wants.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Sadly @C8RKH I never concentrated enough at school for the posh end of the market. Down in the gutter with the poor people and the LE cars - frankly I agree with you. It’s been awfully reliable - never let me down - not once. It’s been hooned come rain and shine.

if only I’d have bought a pork and had an IMS bearing explode.

Defo we need a new esprit car.

• Like 1

Only here once

@utubecomment21I've very little experience of Porsche, my brother has a Boxster S, but apart from that, nothing.

It's not a 400 but I'm very happy with my 2010 Evora thank you, very reliable and cheap to run. Lotus are even trying to make it an easier car to own with regard to service and parts pricing. Have you tried driving an Evora? Give it a go.

Still able to get in and out OK, even at my age. I can even get in and out of the Elise, if I owned one I'm sure the drive would make it worth my while. If you were in the market for a supercar you probably wouldn't be looking at an Elise.

I can only think that if people were more knowledgeable  they would buy Lotus  against those other marques. The cachet of owning and driving a Lotus will surely come with time.

With regards to the Evija - You're just wrong, but each to their own.

I was hoping this thread would quietly slip into obscurity, as I have found out, the person who caused this stink suffered from buyers remorse as he realised he should have bought a manual, LOTUS came to the party, bought the car back, and he now has a manual which he extremely happy with.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, utubecomment21 said:

The Evora is the only car I would buy. But what I would like from Lotus is another Espirt ... a proper supercar that people can actually get in and out of without being a contortionist. And what do we get … the Ejiva, ... yet another totally useless piece of **** that will only end up collecting dust in some rich person's car collection.

Porsche, Lambo and Fezza are steaming ahead in sales. Lotus needs a proper supercar, but what we get is a company that focuses on cars on one wants.

Hmmm.  I'm a rather large bloke with a large waist and I have an Evora 410 Sport with the low down carbon seats.  I'm as flexible as a long plank of 6x2 and I have no issue what so ever getting in and out of my Evora. It's bloody easy! It's no more difficult than getting in or out of my S90 Volvo to be honest. So not sure what point you are trying to make here with the point about having to be a "contortionist" to get in and out of it.  Certainly no harder than a 911.

The Evija is a "halo car". As such, like 99% of all halo cars it will collect dust in a rich persons car collection. That's what halo cars do! It's their purpose. They are automotive (design, engineering or both) works of art and appreciated as such. You could argue that a masterful sculpture/painting etc is "another totally useless piece of shit that will only end up collecting dust in some rich person's art collection".

Porsche, Lambo and Fezza are not steaming ahead in sales over Lotus. What nonsense. They've been clear over the horizon and long gone in terms of sales performance for 20 years+ over Lotus.  Lotus is playing catch-up after years of poor and miss-guided investment and ownership and is only now starting to really up it's game and turn the corner - although actually gewtting the Evora out there in 2009 was a remarkable achievement for the team at the time. The cars that are currently made are generally "adored" by their owners. Lotus has one of the highest conversion rates from test drive to purchase. So not sure that it is true that they make cars people don't want. The main issue is that most people don't even realise that Lotus still makes cars!!! That, and the poor dealer coverage in the UK and NA, for instance, is what holds them back from selling more in my very humble opinion.. 

• Like 2

The small print.

I took my 2010 NA Evora to a local car meet, which was mainly dominated by older cars and American stuff.  It got a few looks but was largely ignored, and I did see a few puzzled faces wondering what it was.

I do now genuinely believe most people don;t know what it is, or that it exists,  The car simply doesn't deserve that.

Next time I am going to take the Esprit down, they will F***ing look at that!

• Love 1

It had electronic ignition so was probably too futuristic for them, plus, the engine being in the boot/trunk probably confused the hell out of them....

The small print.

On 17/08/2020 at 10:16, Nelly said:

I took my 2010 NA Evora to a local car meet, which was mainly dominated by older cars and American stuff.  It got a few looks but was largely ignored, and I did see a few puzzled faces wondering what it was.

I do now genuinely believe most people don;t know what it is, or that it exists,  The car simply doesn't deserve that.

Next time I am going to take the Esprit down, they will F***ing look at that!

When I take my 400 to Cars and Coffee they usually always put me with the exotics in the spotlight area. Most people seem to like it, but there definitely are people who are like "Lotus?" There are some haters though. Had a guy once yell "Its just a Camry" when I was pulling out on to the street after the show.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)