Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
August 10th Meet - UK - Bucks/Essex/Herts/Cambs Group - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

August 10th Meet

• Gold FFM

August's meet, I am thinking of a venue.

I know a good place near Cambridge, which does have ample parking, not sure if people think it is too pricey though

http://www.cambscuisine.com/uploads/menus/menu_the-crown-and-punchbowl_1494925531.pdf

Alternative ideas welcome!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Hey fellas, don't forget that some of us live in south Essex. Don't mind the drive out but it's getting further and further for us...?

Especially in a ford... bit or a boring schlep. 

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• Gold FFM

Last time I organised a meet in Essex I got a lot of stick for it!

There's a superb pub I know out Ongar way but I suspect most of the Cambridge/Herts boys would not fancy it

James Martin (JayEmm)

You were delegated cos Wayne blew us out, so as far as I see it he forfeits his say, or pays the group's tab if he wants a say. Or he could just join the Dutch group!

Guess you, he and Phil will always have long and short journeys because of where you live, as opposed to our short and medium journeys.. Can't suit everyone all the time, but a Lotus is for driving! If you've got one that is Wayne.........

• Haha 1

Dave.

On 7/19/2017 at 14:41, JayEmm said:

Last time I organised a meet in Essex I got a lot of stick for it!

There's a superb pub I know out Ongar way but I suspect most of the Cambridge/Herts boys would not fancy it

That's only because it was almost in Suffolk - you didn't get any stick from me - that was my shortest ever at 32 miles round trip, it's usually around 100.

I'm fine with Ongar locality if it helps Wayne and Michelle get there in their Ford Fiasco. Seem to remember The Black Bull at Fyfield had a reasonable turn out and it's not far for the Herts boys, they'll hardly get their engines warm!

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Far south ?  It's almost in The Smoke !  ha ha ...  Actually it's slightly nearer than The Owl at Lippitts Hill but a lot easier to get to...  120 mile round trip for me. (Don't remember you at The Owl in March James, were you in Trumpland then?)

3 hours ago, JayEmm said:

There's a great pub called the Blue Boar in Abridge - but it's quite far south.

sort of place you take the mistress

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Has the venue been decided so that I can send the PM out?

• Gold FFM

@ChrisJ let's try The Old Crown in Girton. Looks reasonably priced, has parking. Fairly central I think for the group.

http://www.oldcrowngirton.com

Let's get rough numbers from the PM and I'll book

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 19/07/2017 at 15:11, Dave Eds said:

You were delegated cos Wayne blew us out, so as far as I see it he forfeits his say, or pays the group's tab if he wants a say. Or he could just join the Dutch group!

Guess you, he and Phil will always have long and short journeys because of where you live, as opposed to our short and medium journeys.. Can't suit everyone all the time, but a Lotus is for driving! If you've got one that is Wayne.........

You would be hurting my feelings if I had any Dave. Can't remember missing a meet before the last one and now I'm that southern softie...???

The mythical Red Devil is nearly finished but also have a new challenge now. 

With that said, I will be in a ford on the 10th....??

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

11 hours ago, martynv said:

Where did the white one come from or have you decided to have his an hers Esprits :)

Stanstead, it was on EBay Martyn. Not his and hers I'm afraid. No space. 

On 7/28/2017 at 21:23, JayEmm said:

@ChrisJ let's try The Old Crown in Girton. Looks reasonably priced, has parking. Fairly central I think for the group.

http://www.oldcrowngirton.com

Let's get rough numbers from the PM and I'll book

Just to confirm I'm OK for Old Crown at Girton.  See you there...

not sure I am going to make this one, my team at work have just gone live with a project and I am up to my neck in issues so have been doing 18 hour days, knackered!

If I can get back in time I will see you there,

Dave

Right, I've discovered how to reply to this as couldnt before and for others benefit if you want to post in one of the region sections it seems you have to join the club which is an easy clik top right at the head of the topic.

I'll be joining you for definite this evening but don't expect me before 20:00 as it's 65 miles of glorious driving with my new geo setup :-) looking forward to it.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.