Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Telegraph does not like Lotus - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Telegraph does not like Lotus

If you want a car company run down and shamed, look no further….

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/gallery/top-10-cars-that-nobody-actually-buys/

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

It's not that scathing:

IMG_8100.thumb.PNG.47710f2f00bccd4b148efade495b0187.PNG

And, TBF, most of that is true. Lotus have only managed to sell a few hundred Evoras in the UK. 

When I read the OP, I thought that Lotus was going to feature several times in the 'Top 10'. 

• Gold FFM

The web giveth, the web taketh away...

The great thing about the web is the breadth and sheer volume of information out there.

The worst thing about the web is that breadth and sheer volume of information, do not go hand in hand with high journalistic standards.

• Like 2

There's a reason i don't buy the Telegraph or any other newspaper for that matter.  Biggest problem with the internet is the amount of just plain crap that it out there - poorly written, poorly researched, poorly put together, poorly thought out.

But then even one of our own in his review of the Evora said something like "I'd never buy a +0". personally, i'd never buy a +2 version but that is all moot.  You see to me that is where the internet falls down - it is too much "personal" view based on "personal" preferences and less about real hard facts.  but heh ho.... It ain't gonna change.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So the Evora400 is a 3.6 litre, and now looks like an an S1 Sports Racer. He's on-point. <_<

Every other car on the list is volume manufactured. Not really the same thing.....

Very poorly written and researched article in my opinion. they dare comparing, apples, pears and oranges to the point that the intent becomes meaningless. I won't even comment the rustic statement, the writer hasn't set foot in a recent Evora I think nor was The telegraph able to sort a recent and representative image of a car currently for sale. I'm also biased too though, the only english newspaper I read is the Guardian and I do fear what it says about me a little.

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1