Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Castle Combe - Page 7 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Combe

esprit22

• Gold FFM
got to add a thankyou to Katie for those lovely munchies :)

and did anyone catch where the photos of the day are getting posted on the net (the official ones)

with all the commotion, there was not many pics being taken of the track, anyone got one of my car??

Don't know if you saw them or not Dave. The 'official' photographer had all the pics on display late afternoon in 'thumbnail' size - but hundreds of them. probably 3 or 4 of every car that went on track (even parade laps)

Joined the cue and ordered a 'large' print of mine that I thought looked bloody superb. Should arrive in post tomorrow hopefully.

They may be linked somehow to Club Lotus website - haven't checked.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a big delay on getting another go on the charity session, so by the time we got off the track , everything was being closed up. i would imagine there should be a link somewhere. i have tried castlecombe website, but certain pages time out before they load so they are not accessible

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Gold FFM
there was a big delay on getting another go on the charity session, so by the time we got off the track , everything was being closed up. i would imagine there should be a link somewhere. i have tried castlecombe website, but certain pages time out before they load so they are not accessible

Try sending Alan Morgan an email Dave - may be able to point you in right dirrection.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Great day out :smiling: . Thanks to Bibs and Club Lotus for the Esprit parking area, reckon we'll need both sides of the road next year at this rate. Weather held out well and only started to rain when we got to the hotel in the evening. I'm still not convinced the route we took down to the hotel was actually a road though Chris ?, there seemed to be a lot of surprised people walking up in the opposite direction :) . I'm not sure if they were surprised to see four Esprits driving along together or they were in fear of being bowled over by one of our wing mirrors !!!

Martyn :)

Anybody else go home with 'wind burn'? Forehead starting to fall apart today :)

Umm yes, I was using cream to keep mine glued on but ultimately to no avail :)

Thanks to all for the great day out, thoroughly enjoyed it !

Jason.

Ahhh yes, that would perfectly explain the attempting to sleep in the bolt upright position for the past two nights, owing to torched forehead and scorched bald patch, rendering it too painful to rest even on a soft pillow :)

I have no sympathy.....every flaming year we have this! Now I'll be hoovering up bits of fallen off head for the next few days!!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

got to add a thankyou to Katie for those lovely munchies :D

and did anyone catch where the photos of the day are getting posted on the net (the official ones)

with all the commotion, there was not many pics being taken of the track, anyone got one of my car??

Dave,

I dont know if the photo's will be on the net but the photographers details are Jim Gaisford www.gaisfordphotographic.co.uk I got a couple of my car on track and they are fab.

Thanks to all who organised, and Katie for the cakes, what a fantastic day was had by all. After a few laps on track at 10 thenths I can se why F1 drivers are so fit, my arms were killing me. :) :) :)

I KNOW!!! I missed it too!

And us both being slim and sylph like and needing to put weight on!!

Criminal!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

there was cake!!! bugger.. missed that bit..

you were too interested in that old red car that turned up........

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Thanks to all who made the event of the year possible.

Great to see friends old and new. Glynn and Jill (Glynn i love your car), Phill B, James, etc

Howard - we'll need more tape next time!

After that fateful weekend in Wales i think i've made some great friends - can't wait till we do that again.

Some memories and memorable moments:

The Main Man - Bibsy

bib.jpg

The Main Main Man BigSi:

IMG_2724.jpg

The Main Men Troy, Punky, Simon,:

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

Friends/Heroes Dave, Alex, Kimbers, James, Mat et al:

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

What a crack from start to finish:

IMG_2586.jpg

Great skills all round:

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

The picture is worth a thousand words:

IMG_2737.jpg

Love Rog and Sam

IMG_2687.jpg

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by SE Owner :-D

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Gold FFM
Ahhh yes, that would perfectly explain the attempting to sleep in the bolt upright position for the past two nights, owing to torched forehead and scorched bald patch, rendering it too painful to rest even on a soft pillow :)

I have no sympathy.....every flaming year we have this! Now I'll be hoovering up bits of fallen off head for the next few days!!

:) Katie, If I didn't know better, the above could have typed by my wife! :)

there was cake!!! bugger.. missed that bit..

I knew you would be too busy mate, so I did the decent thing and pollished your bit off for you! No need to thank me by the way. More than happy to offer my food hoovering services again at any time. :D

Howard - we'll need more tape next time!

I think I have become the forum car parking attendant.... donnington 2007/2006 stoneliegh2007 and castle combe 2007

some chap jumped out of his non lotus car as I got nearer the main gate on saturday said "hello, HLR where do you want me to park?" I'm thinking he doesnt look like a royal then the penny dropped HLR...Historic Lotus Register...

hmm wonder if I can get a ticket machine on e bay?.....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I think I have become the forum car parking attendant....

As soon as you moved away some geeza pranged an old elan with his ford fiesta...clearly you are the man!

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Gold FFM
I think I have become the forum car parking attendant.... donnington 2007/2006 stoneliegh2007 and castle combe 2007

some chap jumped out of his non lotus car as I got nearer the main gate on saturday said "hello, HLR where do you want me to park?" I'm thinking he doesnt look like a royal then the penny dropped HLR...Historic Lotus Register...

Long as you don't start handing out

As soon as you moved away some geeza pranged an old elan with his ford fiesta...clearly you are the man!

Rog

yeh missed that, went to get some more tape IIRC, caught some of the argument on the way back..

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

S'true. Rog took over for 5 mins and a poor Elan sprint got reversed into by a Dagenham dustbin!

Good to meet you at last Rog and Sam. Sorry that James decided to go Loco on your Golf and rip pieces off it!! Also never got to say goodbye properly. Catch you next time......oh and thanks for getting a shot of me in my vest!! :) Soooo many people disappeared off the site forever after seeing that! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Dave,

I dont know if the photo's will be on the net but the photographers details are Jim Gaisford www.gaisfordphotographic.co.uk I got a couple of my car on track and they are fab.

If past years are anything to go by, we will all get another chance to see our pics by Jim G. I think he gets our addresses from Club Lotus based on the reg number of the car we told them we would use. Its always worked for me except the year I said I'd be in Lionel and took Charlie instead. He sends out a contact set - usually a dozen or so pics across the two sessions on track - to the given address with an invite to spend large sums on a few pics of very high quality. Well worth it - much admired in my office at the old place.

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

had 2 goes :) first in the Honda powered green Elise, then in the black Exige

passed everyone on track , well worth the

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Sorry Howard,

I was one of those people who also asked you to give me a hand getting my car out at Lunchtime by moving the cone and raising the barrier. You must have one of those approachable faces LOL!

Bigsi, sorry I didn't really talk to you much and I introduce myself as Dave Walters and not Superdavelotus. I was the one in the silly superman T-shirt. I supposed that's the problem with user names, people don't know you by your real name.

The car looks like it came from the factory, hope you enjoy it!

How's the drawings going?

Dave Walters