Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rare as hens teeth - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Rare as hens teeth

Mark Blanchard

13 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

I think you should get out of Scottie Land Stephen, it is addling your brain. You have two of the best Esprits short of an S2, a JPS, an Essex, a Sport 300 (avoiding eight cylinders here as I know you have been there and not done that!)

Evoras? Pah! (With apologies to Bibs et al)

You could be right - too much fresh air can do funny things to you. Anyway just so we are clear, it's an Exige I'm after - I think I'd be prepared to donate an organ for one of these....one of those Yamaha ones as I'm not good when it comes to the sight of blood:blush:

IMG_4496.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a bloody big cabinet someone's got themselves there  - looks like it's been fitted with some interesting weaponery too! More of an Edwardian missile launcher look than a musical instrument. Don't think I'll have much luck shifting that - more than likely take the building down moving it!:o

Anyway - have you seen this.....nice isn't it!B-)

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-turbo-v8-1996-andnbsp-norfolk-mustard-with-raven-hide-andnbsp-just-31-600-miles/7775498

6 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Lovely. The price looks like it is up with the market as well, £40k for a good V8. Already got one though! Want a black wet sump Turbo next...

3 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Oh my, do you wish you still had the Essex 

Well now Danny, if you could have a different Esprit for every day of the week, what would you choose? Bearing in mind that there are 24 models to choose from...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Yes Danny I do!

Back then it was my main car and it was very fragile it had only done 20000 odd  miles and needed a engine rebuild and it had already been rebuilt !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Gold FFM

Alan the " oh my" was at Davids current cars, followed by the, " do you wish you still had the Essex" as a serious question. 

but I don't want 7 Esprits to be honest, it would go in no particular order apart from number one 

1) Mine

2) Elan plus 2

3) S1 Esprit

4) S2 Esprit JPS

5) S1 Elise 160

6) Europa 

7) 501 Elite in Brown with cream 

but if I had more days

8) Excel Celebration 

9) Essex Esprit 

10) Exige S1

11) Evora 410 

12) M100 S2

• Like 1

Back to Topic, Great find, very rare, only the back wheels are orginal, hard to find!

they will go up in price the last days of the ad. on ebay if you ask me,

i allready have 2 sets, i hope this wheels come back under a dry sump esprit!

• Like 1

Wonder what the current seller plans to do for wheels ?  I wonder if they are going to pop s2 speed lines on,  or fit later 5 hole hubs to fit the BBS.   Compomotive alloy wheels look fantastic  but never really suits a non turbo bodied car quite as well imo.  

Best of luck for anyone bidding on here i hope you bag them,  looking at the ebay page,  the seller already has 5 enquiries so has probably had plenty of cash offers,  hopefully they will let the auction run until the end to give anyone intrested a fair shot :)

Edited by silverfrost
  • Like 1

A

3 Grand they also will go, they are so hard to find, somebody who needs them will pay 3 Grand for them, (i still think its a fair price)

but they also need a polish,

they are always Polished, i never seen the CX500 Anodised

The centres are cx500 but the centre holes don't look like they are the correct diameter they look too small?

I know the originals were anodised, but most people have polished them over the years.

Later Comps had 60mm holes and a spigot for the black plastic push on caps.

Yes as Barry said they were anodised, I sent my rims to be pro polished and the guy had a nightmare with the two rears which still had the Compomotive decal in place due to the anodising. 

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

1 hour ago, Lotusfab said:

Looking at these again are the rear Lips the correct depth? The picture is blurred but the valve looks too close to the centre? It should be in the centre of the inner rim width?

Logically they would not be the same depth as they are fitted to a standard car which would not have the same suspension as the early Turbo with comps. They look to be aftermarket wheels which didnt originally come from an early Turbo. 

• Like 1

IMG_2143.thumb.PNG.186833deecb2acd3547dd6842e47e6c0.PNGCan't really tell from the ebay picture, but this picture above is correct. I believe about 4 1/2 inches is the correct Compomotive depth. Notice the valve is spaced equidistant on the inner lip. Anything else and they are the wrong size for a Compomotive car. However if they are 3.5 they would work beautifully on a wet sump? I had a deal to have these wheels made a whole set for £2k new. But it fell apart. Someone needs to remake the Lips. I will be travelling to the USA soon where they have a much better can do attitude, so I will see if anyone can replicate them. Fortunately I have one to copy. They make a lot of Lips for £120 that are similar, the rolled edge adds costs. 

I just bought those's white wheels (on the picture on the right side), they are the same as a Turbo esprit CX500 wheels, (8J and 15 inch)

but there are also some lips, i could ask him if he sell's them, i also dont know the size,

i will pick up the wheels this week

comppp.JPG