Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 58 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

5 hours ago, geartox said:

agree and agree.

is there any aftermarket carbon part for the engine vent ?

Hkfever  does one in carbon

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

so liking the new front end,  more & more  i look at it...   whites never been a first colour choice for me, (too many white vans in my life over the years)   but that changes my perceptions...  v . nice.....

All variants of the Evora 400 are listed on the Lotus USA site.  However, there are no prices for ANY of the cars listed nor is the price given for any options for any of the cars.  

I would expect pricing and expected availability for the 430 GT/Sport

That shouldn’t be too much to ask

I don’t believe it has been type approved for the US yet, though this may be happening as we speak. They have to get it through the US crash tests first which presumably could have cost implications if modifications need to be made. No doubt as soon as that’s done they’ll have a better idea on what getting them to the US will cost.

Pitts, that is understandable.  But,the 430 GT/Sport is listed as if it was presently available and it’s not apparently.  The 400/410 are available and they still lack pricing information.

This is really basic stuff.  

For example, the USA site could keep all the existing info and say available Spring 2018.  Then potential customers would understand the car is not currently available and the absence of pricing would be no big deal

7 hours ago, anthonyyule said:

This is literally killing me.

Read the reviews..... I believe the GT430 will literally destroy a standard Exige (up to but not including 380 variant). Hell, its allegedly quicker around Hethel than the road going 311.  

380 with track suspension was my last car,  and that was stunning, but the 430 is on a different level completely! and oh so different to any other Evora!

( having said that I have never had a play in a 410)

• Like 2

andy

Great to hear you’re happy with it Andy......lucky man, being one of the owners of this new beast by Lotus!B-)

I’m looking forward to the photo when it’s pictured beside your Esprit :thumbup:

Need ur opinion guys: I own an Evora 400MY16, signature Silver with black pack and black rims.

I have the intention to switch to a GT430, for many reasons including the recurrent issues I had on my 400.

i was only happy with the color combination and exhaust note.

Do u think I should opt for Sound insulation? Or it would be annoying without it, on long rides?

also ur votes on paint color: Essex blue, Fire Red or same as my 400? Pearlescent?

thxxx

9 hours ago, geartox said:

Thank you. It would be perfect in the GT430 : http://www.pbase.com/hkfever/evora_rear_vent_panel .

It looks nice, but before you get it have a look at the weave of the carbon.  It is a different pattern to the rear clam (which has a central seam) and so having these two carbon parts next to each other might look a little strange.  Just a thought...

19 minutes ago, Cypriot said:

It looks nice, but before you get it have a look at the weave of the carbon.  It is a different pattern to the rear clam (which has a central seam) and so having these two carbon parts next to each other might look a little strange.  Just a thought...

That's why I believe Lotus have never tried.... matching up the carbon panel on panel is a complete pain... it would have to be "exact".....

• Like 1

As others have said you can get more noise just by opening the windows. Whereas if it's too noisy without sound deadening you won't be able to make it quieter. Everyone's going for sound deadening and no-one's tried a car without it.

There's a chance it might make the car feel a bit more raw and racy which will be good for some but not everyone. Fine if you're not planning long trips. My Exige Cup didn't have sound deadening and it added to the fun on short blasts but long trips were earplugs or noise cancelling earphones. While I love the idea of no ac and no sound deadening I have speccd both for my car.

PS, did you mean your 400 is pearl white?

8 hours ago, The Pits said:

As others have said you can get more noise just by opening the windows. Whereas if it's too noisy without sound deadening you won't be able to make it quieter. Everyone's going for sound deadening and no-one's tried a car without it.

There's a chance it might make the car feel a bit more raw and racy which will be good for some but not everyone. Fine if you're not planning long trips. My Exige Cup didn't have sound deadening and it added to the fun on short blasts but long trips were earplugs or noise cancelling earphones. While I love the idea of no ac and no sound deadening I have speccd both for my car.

PS, did you mean your 400 is pearl white?

Thx for ur opinion,. I have a Signature Silver 400 with black Pack.

Does the metallic grey GT430 shown, come without Black pack? And did anyone tried a matt color from the Exclusive list?what do u think?

No black pack, it’s all carbon fibre on the GT430. Could be painted of course if you wanted but most like to see the carbon weave which is stunning to my eyes.

Not seen any Matt painted ones  but carbon panels are glossy. Hard to say how that might work. Might be better to look at getting it wrapped Matt then at least you can change your mind.

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 16:05, Ccd said:

Pitts, that is understandable.  But,the 430 GT/Sport is listed as if it was presently available and it’s not apparently.  The 400/410 are available and they still lack pricing information.

This is really basic stuff.

For example, the USA site could keep all the existing info and say available Spring 2018.  Then potential customers would understand the car is not currently available and the absence of pricing would be no big deal

Price information on 400 and S410 is available by contacting your dealer.  As to the GT430 nothing is official as to us getting the car, allocation or timing as stated above a lot must be done to get it certified first.   Again talk to a dealer some are taking predeposits,  as to price and what is included and options cost you find out after the preorder same as occurred for my 410 order.

• Gold FFM

are you allowed totake photos when you go on a factory / car spec tour?