Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S3 'JPS' Interior Colour? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S3 'JPS' Interior Colour?

Did the S3 'JPS' interior come in any other colour than beige? 

Mine is in desperate need of a re-trim and is currently beige.  I want to keep it true to original and wondering if I have any other colour choices?

Cheers

Rick

IMG_20171007_094307[1].jpg

IMG_20171007_094356[1].jpg

'82 Turbo Esprit

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I believe they could no longer call it JPS as they where no longer the sponsor?  But people generally refer to the black with gold decals as JPS still in later models?
Could have been a miss informed article I was reading.

Still curious if the black and gold colour scheme came with different coloured upholstery?  

Is Danny's/Mr Blacks all black or black and gold?

'82 Turbo Esprit

The available interior colours is something I've been trying to figure out for ages. The colours I've seen mentioned on Certificate of Provenance are Blue (Dark Blue), Silver (more like a grey/light blue), Black, Gold (your cloth I think), Sand (your leather I think), Red, Tobacco (Dark Brown), Green (only ever seen with paint code A14), White, Champagne (maybe your cloth/velour), Magnolia.

29 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Psst, it's JPS! John Player Special. You need to have a word with your autocorrect @Rick:lol:

I don't know what you mean :blush:

(edited :whistle:I got it right in the first post at least, ha ha)

• Haha 1

'82 Turbo Esprit

if you don't want to spend the money on a complete re trim you could just do the seats and for the rest of it repaint the existing leather. I have just done my interior (a very light sand colour) and it comes out really well.

cheers

C43

• Like 1

Hi

this is the interior of my S3 turbo (yes I know wrong shade). When I bough the car last year it was not in great shape but I have re coloured most of the leather with Colourlock products and as you can see it comes out really well. The match they did to the original colour was absolutely spot on. Takes time to do but is very in expensive. 

cheers

C43

IMG_1503.JPG

yes for sure stick with the beige, you have to for originality. I did not need to get the seats recovered, it was just a case of re colouring them. Looking at the photos of your interior I would get some strong leather cleaner first and give that a go as I think it will bring up the existing leather well. There is a guy at Colourlock called Ram who is super helpful (Ram Iyer). For the seats get a local trimmer to sort them out. There is a company in Oxford that is brilliant but I am sure you will want to find a company closer to you.

I am guessing to totally do the interior cost £150 in materials but I took most of it to pieces myself to do the work. Not as bad a job as it sounds.

cheers

Christian 

I've had friends get seats done a few years ago for about £700 ish, so I'm hoping it's something similar these days.  But I do have my eye on a local place that do some fancy stuff, so I'm prepared for that to go up a bit.

I'm going to try and clean up most of the cockpit as much as possible, but the seats are shot, huge rips that are beyond repair.

'82 Turbo Esprit

Hi Rick .i think your car looks great in those colours .Mine was a early dry dump turbo .99 turbo built .It has red cloth interior ..I would of preferred leather but hey .....I use to work for a guy Who also owned a dry dump car same interior as mine .Also black .Mike

Oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! - another cloth interior. :wub::wub:

Didn't know you could get red teddy bears :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve4012 said:

Mike, my silver dry sump also has a red fabric interior. Comes up great with some scrubbing and carpet cleaner!

*Sorry don't mean to divert thread :)

20170428_173829-1.jpg

that looks lush, love it.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 11:45, Rick said:

Did the S3 'JPS' interior come in any other colour than beige? 

Mine is in desperate need of a re-trim and is currently beige.  I want to keep it true to original and wondering if I have any other colour choices?

Cheers

Rick

IMG_20171007_094307[1].jpg

IMG_20171007_094356[1].jpg

8756D16C-6D74-469E-81CC-5C68100CA064.jpeg

9D58E7AC-8A13-494A-94D5-F245C447BEBA.jpeg

4BC4E3DB-6BAB-4426-A182-66160106A012.jpeg

C7275011-299A-4245-846C-4F42077982B8.jpeg

The beige looks great if in good condition. Will look great with black.✌️

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.