Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Norfolk mustard S4 - Page 16 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Norfolk mustard S4

23 minutes ago, Clarky5150 said:

300 miles on her now and running great.

Went through various fastenings Yesterday and also traced my intermittent headlight pod raise for flash to the relay. Followed Swindon Alans walkthrough and installed a type B Relay so works perfectly with no delay. Hold stalk back and wiggle to flash is actually better than the pods staying raised.

My mechanic and race team tech friend (mentioned in the very first line of this blog) was treated to a ride yesterday. He agrees that the refresh along with the standard exhaust set up has transformed the car. Hopefully will get access to the garage pit this weekend for refit of the under tray and adjustment of the front dampers. I love the look of the stance however the pause from use has made me realise just how 'crashy' the set up is. 

All bushings are good so I need some more preload on the springs (currently have little or none) and soften the dampers a notch.

Had also forgot how much attention the car gets!!

What dampers are you running?

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A good day (minus 1 knuckle) fettling the ride on the Esprit today. Both front dampers removed, cleaned and adjusters freed off. Amazing what a difference a couple of turns on the spring plates does. Still not perfect but the extra preload combined with a couple of clicks softer at the rear and a good few turns softer on the front = much better. Doesn't corner like a roller skate on mega smooth tarmac (1% of any driving around here) now but my fillings are still in tact and drives far better on the local pot hole filled roads. Also far less clunks and bangs.

Tomorrows lovely job is cleaning of the dreaded ABS pressure switch to hopefully sort the intermittent blink and compressor run every pedal push issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Having used the Esprit on occasional dry days over the Winter period i have managed to get her up to 1000 miles since rebuild. If i get chance over the Easter period ill get the fluids changed and check torques etc. Running very well now and its been so long since i saw the ABS warning i almost never have it appear in my nightmares. That has been replaced by a house extension! 

The alternator did manage to work loose but it was a 10 minute fix and hardly warranted a post. 

In other news i swapped out my daily Cayenne (of which i have owned many with hardly ever a problem) and replaced her with a Range Rover Vogue SE. For anyone who likes random, regular, mysterious and bizarre faults these bad boys are a dream come true! The can bus loom is comical. For example adjust the passenger seat and you get an airbag fault on the drivers side door. 

• 1 month later...

Been a tad busy on this little project.. 

IMG_5665.jpeg

IMG_5782.jpeg

However got time now to sort the random and bizarre fuelling issue that’s plagued the Esprit since rebuild. I’ll start with this I guess and take it from there…

IMG_5795.jpeg

• Like 1