Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Le Mans Classic 2018 - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Le Mans Classic 2018

Chillidoggy

• Gold FFM

Our Grandstand seats are literally right opposite the Rolex Watch on the start/finish straight same as previous years. Going to ‘sticker up’ the car for the first time this year. ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

We hope to have tickets for the 'Panorama ' stand (too late for the Dunlop). As we ate old timers we booked the Ibis Center in Le Mans. Its walking distance to the old town center with all its restaurants and bars and the relatively new tram system runs past the hotel to the circuit if we don't want to drive in.

If you want to drive in to the town center the new underground car park has been open for a couple of years now, so no problem with parking. its walking distance from there to the new and old town centers.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Alex1710 said:

Planning to go this year, just looking at booking hotels within circa 45 mins of the circuit.

Any recommendations? 

If you can find one, book it!

Actually, just looked on Booking.com & there are still a few available, but quite expensive.

Edited by Geoffers

On 09/02/2018 at 15:24, 21gg said:

Or  (i don't do camping normally) try glamping! Its not that bad really!

Event-Tents-2.jpg

IS that at the circuit Gavin or just somewhere close? It looks an interesting compromise between a B&B an hour away and a nylon coffin in some mud!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

It's within the circuit just near the Porsche curves last time  with travel destinations.  Not the cheapest but what is without being miles away. They also do the flexotel cabins.

Gav 

we're in Epinettes

over the road from Houx.......about 30 second drive to the in field track parking.....lol

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Popping in on the Friday on the way back from the south of France in the V8 on our two week holiday tour. I've had a look at the Club Lotus stuff and don't need a three day pass (think it is too late by a day anyway) so won't be doing the infield thing. Hopefully get to see a few of you!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• 2 months later...

We're on the overnight 20:15hrs Portsmouth to St Malo on the 4th Brittany Ferries

returning on the over night Monday 9th

10 cars.....all Lotus except for one Lancia Delta HF intergrale Evo II........in yellow

• 1 month later...

yes...but I dont think its possible now....

I believe all space has been allocated.......

you could find someone to share a pass with.....

you can try them direct

http://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/ticket-sales-open/

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:24, 21gg said:

Or  (i don't do camping normally) try glamping! Its not that bad really!

Event-Tents-2.jpg

Gavin, I will look out for you, we are in the same site. my Elise and 2 x MGB's. Leaving Portsmouth first thing Thursday so should be on site late Thursday, barring any breakdowns.

We are doing laps on Friday morning session👍🏻 Then parking the cars up and chilling for the rest of the weekend with some nice cold beers. I will look out for you.

• Gold FFM

How do do book in track laps?

A892A3BF-6527-4CCF-9160-015DFA08FF6E_zps

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

think you may have left it too late.....

it was all in the booking pack from ACO/Peter Auto

TRACK DISCOVERY
Only available with a Privilege Package
Saturday only*

Price: € 170 

For a thrilling discovery of the 24 Hours of Le Mans layout, including the famous Hunaudières straight line. A privilege reserved to a happy few...

SOLD OUT

http://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/1810-2/

we're arriving at LMC from lunchtime/early afternoon Thursday (over nighter from Portmouth)......cars parked at pitch 39 on the circuit (with the Historic Lotus reg, 7's and Caterhams) probably Sat/Sun

tickets for Dunlop .........see you in the bar/cafe/restaurant.....or just wandering about.......

looking forward to it.......

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, alexthewheelman said:

We are doing the same, arrive in Calais at 10:25am

Alex were departing Folkestone on the 820 am train ( the high/wide one due to my cars fat arse 😁)  so guessing we will be within 20mins of each other. Presuming your taking the tunnel I will keep an eye out for you.

Gav