Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 55 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

I've never understood why Lotus felt that using cheap, vacuum formed plastic on the scuttle, rear intakes and arch vents was appropriate? Just the rear intakes to do next!

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

3 hours ago, DDubya said:

South West Lotus. Carbon scuttle

Saw one of these at SWLC last year before it was lacquered, think Ian was going to get one fitted.

It does seem strange that Lotus had these made, but did not offer them as an optional enhancement when the cars were spec'd. Can't imagine a great weight saving though!!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

James at South West Lotus Centre had 30 of them.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi -

has anyone PPF'd the carbon sills on their Gt430?

I've been quoted £150 each + VAT so £300+VAT as they don't have a template - seems a lot to me when the roof is only 350 and the front splitter is 120 + VAT.

thanks

Mark

• Gold FFM

Hi Mark,

I haven't had mine done yet, its in the pipeline to be done.  I have a friend who is a very high level detailer (Salon Prive with Bugatti) and PPF installer who is going to do all my car.  I've helped him on jobs and know that the quality films are very expensive and that they will do a template themselves if none are commercially available.  This takes more time plus they have to plot it into the software and its not at all cost effective for them to just do a couple of thin strips as a one off.  Obviously they will fit it in with another bigger job where possible.

He only uses Xpel film, having tried a variety of other very well known makes.  He says its the best and is a little thicker than a lot of the others.  His requirements were to be high quality on the rolls without faults and blemishes (when protecting a customer Ferrari Pista and the likes) the films handling and usage capabilities and very importantly glue strength / flexibility.  It was the devils own job to get re credited by certain manufacturer / suppliers for a faulty £3,000 roll of film - worse still when the replacement was no better. 

To summarise, it doesn't sound like a bad price at all. 

Good luck,

Paul

On 29/03/2022 at 14:38, OakMan said:

Hi Mark,

I haven't had mine done yet, its in the pipeline to be done.  I have a friend who is a very high level detailer (Salon Prive with Bugatti) and PPF installer who is going to do all my car.  I've helped him on jobs and know that the quality films are very expensive and that they will do a template themselves if none are commercially available.  This takes more time plus they have to plot it into the software and its not at all cost effective for them to just do a couple of thin strips as a one off.  Obviously they will fit it in with another bigger job where possible.

He only uses Xpel film, having tried a variety of other very well known makes.  He says its the best and is a little thicker than a lot of the others.  His requirements were to be high quality on the rolls without faults and blemishes (when protecting a customer Ferrari Pista and the likes) the films handling and usage capabilities and very importantly glue strength / flexibility.  It was the devils own job to get re credited by certain manufacturer / suppliers for a faulty £3,000 roll of film - worse still when the replacement was no better. 

To summarise, it doesn't sound like a bad price at all. 

Good luck,

Paul

Thanks for the detailed feedback, it’s good to know!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MarkieT said:

I've joined the club ..

Congrats, the front splitter getting the odd scrap is something I put up with as well. Even though my heights/suspension has been adjusted slightly I sometime just touch my driveway on to the road. I still have the lightly damaged splitter fitted and would  pass the original one on to the next keeper.

The ride is really impressive and not at all as hard/bumpy as I expected.

2 minutes ago, MarkieT said:

I had to drive though a burst water main today and so had to clean the car as it was covered in dirty water!

Well don't leave its wheels/brakes to get stuck when they are drying , can be a pain to move a few days later - there are at least 1 thread about evora brakes sticking.

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Well don't leave its wheels/brakes to get stuck when they are drying , can be a pain to move a few days later - there are at least 1 thread about evora brakes sticking.

ah, good to know.

The question for me would be what a possible replacement would look like.

You know every bit of the car, it is well protected with Xpel from the Start so will look great in 5 years as well.

Is there a car you lust for and need the money, then sell it. Otherwise just keep it or call for a way off price where you make lots of money.

But be aware you will Never get a similar GT430 again.

Or of you are bored with it get a 475 upgrade, Leitspeed wheels and KomoTec brakes, that is what I would like to do. 

Fun fact: For LHD market the GT430 is the most common Version of the Evora you can get. So no Chance of a Price increase for my car.

Better not tell the wife that.......even in jest......

With high inflation could be £250k by the end of the year.