Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Looking for roadbook Hethel and surroundings - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Looking for roadbook Hethel and surroundings

Jan Blom

All

I have received the list from the visiting group detailing their required meal on the 9th April at The Bird In Hand.  You will remember the pub asked for the list 1 week in advance.  The link to the menu is below so could I ask you to add your meal of choice next to your name.  It will be sent to the pub on the evening of 2nd April.

http://birdinhandwreningham.com/evening-menu/

Many Thanks

Phil W - Todays curry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dont forget guys the food list will be sent on Monday.....No more reminders from me.

Would be great to get a few more orders. Only have 3 from the UK and one is me.

Phil have you thought about replying to a quote from the post I sent to everyone on the members maps last year. Hopefully it will message everyone and drum up some support ? Might be wrong as how it works

Sorry guys but I've got to change from a 'possible' to 'impossible'.  Doing 'consultant engineer' stuff for Slough Heat & Power so 140 miles away and was hoping it might be 'do able' - problem is first 30 miles is round the M25 and that bit can take a couple of hours in itself at the time I'd be leaving ...  4 hours yesterday !  Can't guarantee I'd even get there for dessert so better say 'No'.   Hope you have a good time..

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Hi everyone. As explained the meal pre-order list for 9th April has now been submitted to The Bird in Hand. We have 15 meals pre-ordered (12 from The Netherlands) so I have asked the pub to keep the 20 places. Hopefully they will be filled on the night. Put it in your diaries guys. Should be a very nice evening.

• Like 2

Top night all, seriously impressive group from Holland - well done Jan and co, it was great to meet you all. Seriously going to get my finger out if I'm to get the Elite ready for a rematch over there next year.

Well done @PhilW for sorting the pub logistics

Ant (and Tom)

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

A very good turn out last night at The Bird in Hand. Held 1 week early to coincide with a group from The Netherlands who had been on The Jim Clark tour through the week.
Many thanks to Charlie Douglass, Rob and Katie who travelled over from Cambridge (In pretty rubbish weather) and also to a visitor from Herts/Essex who was in the area for showing your support. I hope you all enjoyed it. Remember though guys 3rd Monday next month. Back to normal.

In total we had 22 eaters and 3 or 4 non eaters so a fabulous turnout.

Great to meet Jan Blom and his group. Hope you all have a safe journey home today.

On the 28th of this month Charlie Douglass has organised a gathering of cars in Waterbeach. Im sure he would appreciate the support he showed us last night. A link to this event is below.

https://www.facebook.com/Torque-and-Talk-421408708307790/

Thanks all for a great night. I shall also write a note to the pub who were helpful to me in the organisation. I thought did very well on the night. No known meal cock ups!

• Like 2

Hi Phil nice to have met you and all the lotus members from Holland. Was a rather wet drive home but hardly anything on the roads. Shame the lovely gold leaf elise had broken his front clam driving into the back of the green esprit , hope it is repairable. Everyone was very friendly and would certainly be interested in a return visit to Holland. Service in pub was excellent and no sign of them wanting us to leave at any time.

Pete

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Excellent Pete. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for your support.  Maybe a trip in the better weather to your meeting would be the order of the day.................when my noise has gone!

Really pleased it went well with such a good turnout :thumbsup:

I did feel a little guilty not turning up. My problem in the end wasn’t work related, but down to not being able to drive after damaging knee ligaments following a crazy moment in the garden last Thursday. Not good when you have a Lotus in the garage itching to get out :thumbdown: