Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 33 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

I think I have nailed the lower ball joint Barry. I don't think it has ever been identified before, no references anywhere! Can you check the dimensions of yours for me please to confirm:

Length: 60mm
Height: 100mm
Width: 60mm

Ta

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

They  (bottom balljoints) are also available from Lotusbits, but are slightly different inside. Mike went for a larger ball so that they are allegedly more resilient than the other non-genuine alternatives.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

I think I have nailed the lower ball joint Barry. I don't think it has ever been identified before, no references anywhere! Can you check the dimensions of yours for me please to confirm:

Length: 60mm
Height: 100mm
Width: 60mm

Ta

I’ve ordered a pair off eBay that someone bought from SJ - I will measure them when they arrive 

Only here once

I know that you are out in the sticks Barry, but is your postie on a go slow? I'm poised and ready with a full on '76 to '04 front ball joint thread if I'm right about these buggers...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Just need some cups for the tops of them now. If I had those - I’d have fitted the rear shocks already.

i shall order up some fixings this weekend and the whole lot can go on at once

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The thing for me - they are set to the Lotus spec. Nicely thought out kit. Circa £670 for a set of 4 delivered 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Sj order confirmed today - should be with me tomorrow.

just need to get a new disc in the grinder and I will commence rip down tonight

• Haha 1

Only here once