Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GT430 - exhaust button - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GT430 - exhaust button

• Gold FFM

I'm curious how the GT410 was not classified as a new model. Is it a case like the old "Eclat Excel" maybe?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 3/16/2018 at 00:07, The Pits said:

If it means that much to you it's easily reversed. I think you'll find the GT430 feels pretty special at low speeds even when it's not shouting. It's certainly nothing like a 718! It's not that quiet below 4500rpm either!

First 5 blips here are below 4500rpm.

oh that doesn't sound like the touring mode on my car. you can't really hear the exhaust when blipping in touring mode, this doesn't sound bad at all.

I can say my blank „button“ is not a button and doesn‘t even push in. Its a cover / placeholder for where once a button was.

It can be made to work very easily by removing the thing that stops it being pushed in. This really isn’t the big deal some are making of it.

• 10 months later...
On 30/03/2018 at 06:59, The Pits said:

It can be made to work very easily by removing the thing that stops it being pushed in. This really isn’t the big deal some are making of it.

The button does not exist 

Doc1.docx

Central Lotus our local dealer, fitted the (loud) button to our 430 when they were prepping the car for us to collect they didn’t charge us so I assume this is a relatively easy job for a Lotus dealer to perform 

yes we use the button as soon as we are off the estate, the exhaust sound is very addictive at all revs 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 1 year later...

Are you still driving your GT430? I get mine this weekend and want to get the exhaust valve button activated. Lotus dealer in Bradford wouldn’t do it so I have to source and arrange this myself.

Hi Steve, surprised JCT600 wouldn’t carry out the pretty simple modification. If you speak to Adam (Service Department) at Central Lotus I’m sure he will be pleased to assist you. 

Our 430 is tucked away in garage for winter 

I assume it is the Olive Green GT430 you are collecting, a really nice colour, enjoy. Steady and safe drive home 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

On 30/03/2018 at 23:16, Beetleything said:

and...cough.. ehhm.... shouldn't we be keeping mum about this......EU - cough...anyone fancy a cup o tea....

have we left the EU behind yet....lets make some noise - before we all have to go electric...

the button on mine was a simple job for B&C

12 hours ago, Birtyboy said:

Are you still driving your GT430? I get mine this weekend and want to get the exhaust valve button activated. Lotus dealer in Bradford wouldn’t do it so I have to source and arrange this myself.

The button does open the exhaust valve BUT it closes as soon as you press Sport button, so a bit pointless really.

I have a brand new spare Komotec remote switch if anyone wants it.

13 hours ago, Birtyboy said:

Are you still driving your GT430?

Yes, will be keeping it on the road (and taxed..) and using it when the weather is ok,  easier down here in Devon,  I used my previous evora for odd trips over the winter, but not normally too far. Years ago I used a lotus elite 501 (then later on excels) as my daily driver to work even in some snow - added a couple of 25kg bags of aggregate in the boot.

Have also fitted a new set of 4S to the 430.

11 hours ago, Simon Goldthorpe said:

The button does open the exhaust valve BUT it closes as soon as you press Sport button, so a bit pointless really.

I have a brand new spare Komotec remote switch if anyone wants it.

But during normal driving without sport mode it’ll sound better right?

Does the remote switch replace the need for having the actual dash switch installed then?

17 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Hi Steve, surprised JCT600 wouldn’t carry out the pretty simple modification. If you speak to Adam (Service Department) at Central Lotus I’m sure he will be pleased to assist you. 

Our 430 is tucked away in garage for winter 

I assume it is the Olive Green GT430 you are collecting, a really nice colour, enjoy. Steady and safe drive home 

Yes that’s the one, was originally looking at the black one Silverstone have until I saw this one in green. Silverstone also wanted more money for theirs and it’s over a year older and out of warranty so didn’t make sense to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Birtyboy said:

But during normal driving without sport mode it’ll sound better right?

Does the remote switch replace the need for having the actual dash switch installed then?

Yes and yes. In sport mode it goes quiet again. The remote will permanently override it.

On 26/11/2020 at 22:29, Birtyboy said:

Yes that’s the one, was originally looking at the black one Silverstone have until I saw this one in green.

Having got an olive green one, i think it looks better than a black one. Most people who have seen it like the green.