Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Cup 430 Type 25 Collector's Piece - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Cup 430 Type 25 Collector's Piece

alexthewheelman

for me that a stunning colour combo..

might have to consider the mirror cap colour.. but 

my favourite exige combo so fart  just pegs fire red / mars gold... combo 

its where my money would go thats for sure 

that render they did, omg, that was so pants... they would be better off doing hand sketches, 

it certainly wouldn't inspire me.. difficult to comprehend someone approving it for release if this is the  true version..

they'd be better off building one, getting some fantastic evocative pictures by that Mr GF williams chap :) ..   at a track of some sorts..

its not difficult to stir emotions when the cars are so good anyway..

this chap does a great job of presenting

http://www.lmsc.info/galerie/elise-111s-jim-clark-5.html

http://www.lmsc.info/galerie/exige-castrol-t42-4.html

Edited by andyj007
  • Like 1

Come on give Lotus a break on the render... they achieved those renders using Microsoft Paint! 

The real life pics do change my view point on the looks ... it does look lovely.

I wonder if it will come with the Exige 400 power/setup underneath? 

• Haha 1

www.alias23.com

The bit I can’t get my head around is why bother with the render when a car has already been built?!

If that one is in France already then it must have been at Hethel last week or even the week before.

Does look good though to my eyes but I am partial to a green Lotus. Could be Empire Green or even what used to be called Epsom Green (also Lotus Racing Green, like many other shades!)

I saw it at hethel on Wednesday just being finished off ready to be sent out. Couldn't get a close inspection but from 12 feet away it looked stunning. 

1 hour ago, mark248am said:

did you see an essex blue 430 cup?

I remember a black one and we were shooting a dark blue metallic  one (going to Australia) but don't remember an Essex blue one. I think I would have remembered as I have a thing for blue 😁 

On 21/04/2018 at 09:54, GFWilliams said:

Saw these pop up on facebook so I guess they've made one.

Hard to tell from these photos, but it's fair to say that their render skills are pretty damn poor if that's suppose to be the same colour 😳

The good news is that it's a lovely spec and looks a million times better in these shots.  They really need to stop showing limited editions as CGI renders.

I couldn't agree more the render they released to the press where shocking, very bad photoshop. If the car was so close to been ready why not just wait and do a propper photoshoot with an actual car. 

An unveiling at the Hockenheim LCE round would have been perfect as the first reveal, shame they decided to pre-reveal with the render and then follow up with the actual car. Would have been a nice press release, tying in the car, the location and Jim Clark link.

Anyway it's done now, hopefully the orders will start to come in.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2018 at 22:00, LF1 said:

That changes everything... how much pointless damage did the rubbish render do?

I’d still forego the wooden knob though. 

Absolutely. that's a beaut and could have and should be launched at an "Event" like they did with the 3-11... that was cool. The CEO unveiling a serious performance car at FOS... awesome.

Maybe they still will? Unveiling in a different country one by one? Sell a few here and there to collectors doesn't sound inconceivable these days.

FOS 2018 would be appropriate! 

Out of interest does this Exige T25 have the Clark family backing / charity donation? 

On 08/04/2018 at 09:10, TheKevlarKid said:

Seems all a bit sad really, these cars are for driving, not leaving under a plastic sheet!

Omg... have I become one of them 😳

IMG_4457.JPG

Errr... definitely NOT😉

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

• Like 2

great photo that last one.😊

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent, how much in total?