Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Sport 400? - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Sport 400?

alias23

So are these rumours circulating about an Exige 400 Sport to be realised soon got any merit of #FakeNews?

I guess it has been circa two weeks since they launched their collectors Type 25 model - So surely a new model is approaching in the next few days...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

www.alias23.com

Been waiting for a 400 charge cooled to fill  the gap between cup 430 and sport 380 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Surely if you just stuck manifolds on a stock v6 and get a remap from Essex autosport you would be about 400 bhp anyway? 

2bular manifolds and cat and a custom map would be my chosen route if I ever go down the more power path. 

Haven’t heard much about it on here. But it sounds like a plausible idea. It would be consistent with what they did with Evora, GT430 first followed by GT410.

An Exige Sport 400? I guess it would make sense if it generated further economies of scale for Lotus by just sourcing one type of supercharger and anciliary components instead of two.  I mean the cost of development would be close to zilch as there would be no difference in terms of powertrain internals, the suspension cinematics would not require any rework. 

The price would go up but how many would they have to move in order for it to make sense? And what impact would it have on the sales of the Evora?

I’m also finding it hard to see an Exige 400, if there was one, as any kind of bad thing. An Elise 250 Sprint would be nice too while they’re at it.

I thought everyone was crying out for a topless Evora?

• Like 1

I guess it depends on the engine... if it will be charge cooled... also the price! IF they are launching a new proper model then maybe their efforts should be on such a launch vs the sill type 25 malarky a few weeks back. I think an Exige 400 actually could be interesting assuming they dont go silly with the price yet again! 

www.alias23.com

My assumption is that it might replace the 380... possibly same new front end as the 430 but with the 380 "wavy" spoiler.. any bets for this Friday? 😄

Well given there seems to be excess stock of 380 Cup clams it wouldn’t surprise me if it gets one of those!

5636DC2B-B6AD-4A89-B2D8-171A297208A1.thumb.png.899616ce1a462ff82dbcc9422518000e.png

Have to say if this is true... yet again a bloody blow to those 380Cup owners after the launch of the 430Cup and Geely saying that the 380Cup would at least in time be seen as an exclusive limited edition.... how can that be if your supplying those ‘special’ 380Cup clams to someone who has an old V6S?!

Maybe we can organise a GroupBuy and we can all upgrade to the 380Cup look!

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

• Gold FFM

From a purely looks perspective, the Sport 380 is possibly my favourite looking Exige. After @MarkB's Cup 360.

The Sport 350 is the prettiest of the line (as was the Exige V6 S), the new 430 is not ugly... it is savage. Commanding, and imposing - quite a thing. 

I personally think a Sport 400 in place of the Sport 380 would make some sense, as long as they kept the price sensible. The 430 is a "Cup" car and the one I drove really felt it. Having a Sport 400 with a higher redline would suit the Exige's character much better than the 380 unit I think.

The problem is.... Lotus have kinda put themselves in a tough position as to where you'd price such a product. I know where I'd price it, but you'll annoy lots of people that have recently bought 380s. Not that annoying customers seems to bother Lotus too much.

I do however want the 350 to stay as part of the line-up. It still represents stonking value for money in my eyes.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com