Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
4. The Handover... - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

4. The Handover...

I've been speaking to Alan Morgan today about this and have approval for our dastardly plan :X

At Castle Combe, on the 26th May we will give Simon his car back. Basically, I'd like as many of us as possible to come along, it's going to be a great day. Alan has given us an Esprit only parking area on good solid grass with a great view of the track but out of sight of the pit lane. We'll get the car down there either Friday or very early Saturday and there's some secluded places we can keep the car out of sight. Either at lunchtime or more probably 3pm (when the paid sessions are over and the open pit lane occurs) Simon350s will take the car for a spin, erm, at speed around the track! Punky will be passenger as these 2 guys have made a great contribution to the restoration and Troy and I will be ensuring Bigsi is watching the action.

If all goes to plan Bigsi will see a red Esprit showing what Esprits do best around the track and slowly twig that it's his motor that everyone is coo-ing at... :(

We'll then get the car to him and present him with the keys and his restoration presentation and some kleenex :)

Good plan?

Make sure you are there early, this is going to be a great day in all of our lives, especially Bigsi's and I'm sure he'd like to have as many of his new pals there as possible.

Remember, mum's the word ;)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It will be at lunch so long as there are no problems which lead to the morning session overunning. I've asked if we can do it then and it will be as long as the track is clear but Alan said that if there's any bad weather it will more likely be 3pm.

Pray for sunshine and it will be lunchtime :X

Cool. Would be there but someone doesn't seem to want a Hotelly place to stay and wants to wing it!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Coolio dude....

Wow what a privilege, i'd be honoured gov....... I'll give u a quick call now... sorry missed your calls earlier...

Better keep the speed down though chaps, be running the engine in n all that....... unless I have to put 500 miles on it before the big day..... oh what a chore that'd be..!!!! :X

Lets pray for a real sunny weekend, dont want to get the old girl dirty before he gets the chance to look it over....

Cheers

Simon

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Castle Combe is very 'open' so hideing an Esprit might prove a bit tricky (just a thought) unless parked over the other side of the circuit where it's a bit quieter, but will probably need to be 'looked after' until presentation.

Really looking forward to a great day, and the weather can't actually get any worse than it was last year.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Alan has a couple of spots in mind which won't be available to the general public so the car will be well hidden, fear not ;)

Just in case that doesn't pan out, I'm sure we've still got some blue paint we can respray it in until the magic moment :(:X

Sounds like a great idea. Wouldn't want to be in Simon350S's shoes. The responsibility. Got to quick enough to show it off but not quick enough to prang it.

Another good reason to pray for dry weather.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Just in case that doesn't pan out, I'm sure we've still got some blue paint we can respray it in until the magic moment :(:D

I can bring my cover along if it's any help and it'll keep it dry and shiny in the event of any rain :( although I'm sure it'll be sunny B) .

Martyn :D

:( I'm in Paris that day/night :thumbsup:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I'll be there and am looking forward to the hand over :thumbsup:.

Really looking forward to a great day, and the weather can't actually get any worse than it was last year.

Yea the weather last year was dreadful, a real shame. Drove back in convoy with an Esprit and we were aqua-planing all over the place.

Lets hope this years MUCH better!

:( I'm in Paris that day/night :thumbsup:

Hilton ?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

What is the deal with CC can we just turn up, or do we need to book tickets, I dont want to go on the track thingy

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Just a thought... Si's not exactly limber atm, and lots of the good stuff is hidden underneath (shiny suspension, Punky's chassis work etc.).

Is there any chance of someone bringing some large mirror tiles to place under the car?

More speed, less haste

Brilliant idea guys, i would come and park with you but unless i'm very creative with cardboard and some lotus stickers i don't think they'll let me in lol

I will however be coming to this, can't wait to see his face :question:

22042007352.jpg

(Yes i had a bit of a knock and destroyed the front end lol)

Edited by Bantambunny

will be good to meet you, I am sure we can find somwhere for you to park...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Nice one Nick, see ya there :wacko:

Call me and I'll let you know about timings etc. If Si saw you, he'd have a clue something was up!

Can we have a roll call for this?

1. Bibs

2. Laura

• Gold FFM

1 Bibs

2 Laura

3 Ian (mayesprit)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!