Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 18 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430

18 months ownership and over 4500kms of which 90% are track driven and I didn't notice any unusual wear on mine. Seems to be holding up just fine so far.

Rear fender plastic extension did come off during the first 500kms though.

Other than having the upgraded boot hatch release lever under warranty and the servo pipe replaced, mine hasn’t missed a beat.

The Ceramic coating and PPF has also meant the paintwork has stayed unblemished. Just about to replace the rear tyres and front pads but nothing else requiring attention.

The car still surprises me on how good it is on road with the Nitrons softened up, with ride quality to almost rival a hot hatchback

Glad you’re enjoying the car on the road, I’m still struggling with (especially winter months )  visibility issues with low sun (even with a cap on 🙂 )

I am really surprised Lotus can get away with no sun visors in these health and safety days.

Yes still keeping the faith and am using regularly.

Not too bad if you are tall like me, sunglasses help but in the grand scheme it’s Lotus keeping the cars weight down.

When I weighed mine ;

Full Carpets, Insulation, Radio, Harness bar  and harnesses, and AC with a full tank of fuel it came in at between 1,080kg and 1,100 ( weigh scale went up in 20kg increments unfortunately) 

This appears to tally with Lotus’s official weights !

I had my weight independently verified by my GP. Told her that her scales were broken and were miles out! The cheeky so and so.

To be fair, from reading several bits from various parts of the web it looks like Lotus weights in general have tallied, once dry/wet were confirmed.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 04/01/2020 at 20:14, Tex said:

The car still surprises me on how good it is on road with the Nitrons softened up, with ride quality to almost rival a hot hatchback

Shouldn’t it have better ride quality than your average hot hatch, if the damping is of higher quality and the chassis stiffer?

The overall ride quality is very good but over uneven ground, potholes and broken roads it will let you know it is a sports car designed  for driving on track 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have information regarding the newer ECU’s fitted to the Cup 430 and also presumably the 410 which appear harder to decrypt than the older V6s

Saw that the Cup 430 ECU has “different levels”  which I assume means they are individual to each car with potentially different software versions although the ECU’s are fundamentally the same 

Colin, the ECU hardware is the same, but the firmware on it is _potentially_ different.  This is not on a per-car basis, it is on a when-Lotus-made-a-revision basis.  The per-car aspects are programmed in the ECU, and can easily be modified using Lotus diagnositic tool.  This is no different on any 4x0 as it is on any Lotus for about the last 10 years.  Once the firmware level is known, it is plain sailing - the firmware level can be discovered using the Lotus diagnostic tool.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting write up and reconfirms nothing much goes wrong with them.

As a performance car for both track and road they really are up there with Porsche and McLarens 

• Like 2

On 04/01/2020 at 21:43, schubacca13 said:

I saw a Cup 430 where the decals already came off after 500 km and the matt black wrap of the "eyliner" and in front of the rear tyres seems quite sensitive. Can somebody confirm that?

380 Cup here but I've basically got the same decals plus the matt black stick on the front spoiler. 18,000km, 2 years ownership and everything still there and fine. When I first got the car I was worried the 380 Cup wordmark decals would peel off and so bought a spare but they dont seem like they're peeling or coming off now.

Looking at the rear pads today and it looks like they need replacing shortly.

Any recommendations for a slightly biased towards track pad. Quite like the Pagids but have been happy with the OEM ones.

On 08/02/2020 at 11:56, Tex said:

Do they make a whistling type noise under braking ? as have heard some pads are very slightly thinner than OEM and that gives rise to the noise 

I have the same pads and use my car daily. the screeching sound is very minimal and i don't even notice it.

Yes it most likely will be, as I can’t see a dealer wanting to buy in expensive Cars at the moment.

There is now only that one and the blue demo at Howard’s for sale used.

Not many around !!

Who are 430 owners using for insurance?

Ive had a quote of £530 with £350 excess from admiral based on 15yrs no claims and 2k p.a.

I’ve tried Henderson Taylor and they were more than double the price. Aviva, Hastings direct and LV won’t quote on the car. I didn’t bother with classicline as they were over £700 for the 350.