Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Remove charge cooler bleed plug - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Remove charge cooler bleed plug

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have a set of those...👍 Still, that brass is really soft.

The CC bleed plugs DO corrode easily!   Have dealt with several that are knackered, once removed.  (The hidden message is:  you MAY want to search a source for a new one before you try really hard to twist yours off. 💪 ) :no

• Like 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• Gold FFM

I only ever use a good, tight six-sided socket, and I often shock them with a hammer.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Some say to try tightening it before undo it - I guess it gets the thing moving with any rounding of the nut having less affect on the undo?  

I tried to get the plug out off the chargecooler of my red SE once, but decided to stop when the force applied became so great something was bound to give, and not necessarily the plug... Didn't even bother on my current SE, I just use the bleed pipe to the header tank to get any air out, seems to work just fine and a lot less hassle.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.