Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Let’s see your BC wheels (or other after market) - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Let’s see your BC wheels (or other after market)

Hey guys,

waiting to push the button on some bc forged wheels but struggling to decide on design and whether to do recesses on both axles or leave the rear and go as concave as possible.

anyone with non oem wheels can you post some pics to inspire me; doesn’t matter if it’s your car or not. 

Gents, I think i have the design sorted now but in terms of size what can i run without issues?

Front 17x8 ET 22, Rear 18x10 ET 32

Is that too big?

I want to put 215 front and 285 rear. 

I have no clue hence me wanting your expertise! 

Hofmanns said:

I will be honest, not sure if the 8J's - offset ET22 will fit on the front as the biggest we have seen is the standard 7.5J x17 ET26.3. Same goes for the rears too to be honest as the offset is different as its 10J x18 ET35 as apposed to the options you are looking at of ET32.

10 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

I have no clue hence me wanting your expertise! 

Hofmanns said:

I will be honest, not sure if the 8J's - offset ET22 will fit on the front as the biggest we have seen is the standard 7.5J x17 ET26.3. Same goes for the rears too to be honest as the offset is different as its 10J x18 ET35 as apposed to the options you are looking at of ET32.

Rear will fit. The front can be a close call. Based on you info, the front will extend 0.5 inch/2 + 4.3mm (can you do the math, had some wine ;-).   You can always try and if there's a clearance issue have to front center drops milled a few millimeters. 

I would go for it. 

I have standard suspension as well - excuse my absolute ignorance but what does the + number change in terms of fitment or look? Does your +20 and +30 mean a +22 and +32 will be fine?

@siegercould you pop a picture up please? Keen to see how those look on the car. did you sink both wheel centres or just the front?

+xx is an offset, meaning how much the wheel middle point is inwards of the car relative to the hub. Lower number means more sticking out wheel (but with more clearance on the inner side), wider wheel with the same offset will be sticking out more and also going in more. +22 means that the same width wheel will be sticking out 2mm less than +20, so you just need to make sure you still have safe 2mm to move inwards from where +20 is.

So a 17x8 et22 will extend 10mm on the outside and extend 2mm inwards on the inside.

Just been and measured it up and I think that will be fine, especially with 215 tyres

34 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

do i gain any advantage going +22/+32 over +20/+30 or is it best to just copy that offset as i know its safe

The only potential benefit from more offset (that I ma aware of) is less  stress on the hub. However for 2mm and Lotus setup I think it will make no difference whatsoever, so I'd just go with tried and tested fitment if it is possible with the wheels of your choice.

Edited by vd9
  • Thanks 1

OK so the view is  17x8 +20 and 18x10 + 30

that will allow 215 front and 285 rear.

any opinion on which of these designs will look best on the V6? any obvious downsides to a particular design?

http://www.bcec.com.tw/wheel/en/cs-eh309.html

http://www.bcec.com.tw/wheel/en/cs-eh181.html

http://www.bcec.com.tw/wheel/en/cs-kl01.html

http://www.bcec.com.tw/wheel/en/cs-eh172.html

I really like the 311 and evora forged wheels so looking for something along that look. 

All will be in gloss black. 

• 2 weeks later...

So if the HRE is a little over the top in terms of pricing - would be a set of about 4.500.- EUR net price but with lower weight than factory forged or HRE interesting for you? 🙂
We are just deciding if we offer a wheel for the Exige V6 7,5x17 offset 23 and 10x18 Offset 32 ... if performance is important it can´t be really cheap.

Maybe @Bibs has an idea for a wheel for Exige V6 - maybe we should start an design opinion poll here in TLF someday later when we have a done the calculation for forces for the Exige? 
What is the max axle load and max. downforce of the 410 at the moment?
What do you think?