Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Towing eye - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Towing eye

Hi-de-hi campers,

Apologies, I've tried Google and searching the forum but can't find an answer. I'm missing the front towing eye from a MY11 Evora. It seems to be >£60 via deroure and not in stock, which seems expensive.

Is there an alternative (and cheaper!) option?

Many thanks,

Jaimie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s quite a coarse threaded towing eye, reverse thread as well so you can’t just make one with a bolt.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I found that some vw's use a reverse thread, the VWJetta comes to mind. I never got around to finding a Jetta owner to try one out though. If you know a friendly VW owner it may be worth testing. 

Thanks all, a few options to try then. Seems strange to me so many vagaries in design for what you'd think should be a fairly standard cross-manufacturer part. I was thinking I need one for track days, but on the road how do tow-truck companies manage - do they just attach something to a structural part of the chassis if they need to? 

I got one from a scrapper......£25......

I'll see if I can find the link

Found it......

http://www.esmotorsport.co.uk

Jonny told me to ask for Mark.....but the first person I spoke to helped straight away......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I’ve got the straps from Lotus Motorsport fitted to mine. Not sure if they are still possible to get hold of after Motorsport got terminated. Part number for that kit is ALS5A0185J