Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 30 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

I'm so selfish i'd be so happy if my Evora just had one seat in the middle, like the Mclaren F1, but without the 2 un-necessary passenger seats. Bah, humbug.....

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

13 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'm so selfish i'd be so happy if my Evora just had one seat in the middle, like the Mclaren F1, but without the 2 un-necessary passenger seats. Bah, humbug.....

I think the car for you might be the BAC Mono, but you have to wear a hard hat so you can't do the dapper cool look when you arrive.

The BAC Mono is one cool car, but, if I had £165k cash to spend i would buy an Evora 410 AND a new 311, in matching colour schemes as I am sad like that....

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

My car is a passenger free zone. End of. No discussion. No compromises. We have other cars the lesser people who live with me can use.  :devil:

The small print.

I see Colin's car has made it to PH.... lazy sales at Murray's though as they are using the photos from when it was brand new with no front plate mount etc.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-400----------------2015/6647020

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I always find it surprising some of the things listed as features of the car - such as "leather trimmed handbrake sleeve with contrast stitching".  Not the first thing I look for when buying a car.

I saw one ad recently which had listed "fuel level gauge" as one of it s features, which I am sure was a big deal in 1937.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CocoPops said:

lazy sales

This and seeing other cars being advertised as only 6-months old when you can see the Lotus words on the dash or the forged aluminium pedals that clearly mark the car out as a Launch to March-time car. Bit naughty in my view.

Looks amazing, do like that although decent photos especially on red cars makes all the difference IMO.

My only advise is get behind the wheel for a test drive :thumbsup: let us know what you find.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Cracking looking car and a great price that too. 400 values seem to be holding good which is great news. 

The small print.

Cracking colour :-) How can you go wrong on a car that has barely been run in and saves you there or thereabouts 10k on even a discounted price? The only tell-tell signs of its real age are the pedals as there is no photo of the engine bay or boot. This one was made somewhere between September 15 and March 16. Regardless, great price for that mileage.   If the colour is what you were looking for and the dealer is within easy distance for any post sale niggles, its a great car at a great price. Check its had the MAF sensor dealt with and the seats are sorted and nothing else can really go wrong.

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated :-)

What's the issue with the MAF sensor? not read about that one, the seats too?

Had my eye on an evora a while now, it's nearly time to strike.. 

MAF = mass air flow

basically they think the plug comes loose with vibration so they issued a bulletin to check and reroute wires if necessary.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Interesting, thanks for the tip. What's the issue with the seats? Do they creak or something else? 

Funnily enough this YT video was posted earlier which I think is the car in question.. 

On 12/28/2016 at 19:01, Taylor said:

You can actually fit 3 people in the back. From one extreme to the other ???

IMG_8812.JPG

Interesting pic that but totally misleading unless you show the next picture with the front seat backs pushed backwards. There will be no space for the drive to get behind the wheel.

This three pairs of lovely long legs will have no where to go.

The small print.

I've just put my deposit down on the above said Evora :)

Guys, the seat 'thing', are people referring to the creak you hear when getting out? Is there a fix for it as I would like Lotus to take a look before I pick her up if there is.

Looking forward to joining the club, been looking at the market for a good 2 years now!

James

• Like 2

Congratulations James. Sure you will love it.

dropped mine in today for new seat frames. Everything you need to know is here

That advert is appalling. (Yellow 400 at Snows). So many incorrect facts and to state the car was £81k is just, well, down right wrong/deliberately misleading. Looks like a damn good buy at sub £60k though.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Ah ha... I see, I will be sure to drop a message to Lotus Central and get them to check the current state of affairs. I noticed a little creak when I stepped out of the car at the end of the test drive! Boo!