Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 47 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Westover had a couple, inc the yellow press car, at £55

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Ahh yes it's disappeared from list.

would be good to get rid of the £5*k 400s to see the price settle again.

IMG_3973.PNG

That Matt black SR has been for sale for a LONG time.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

If dealers are being made to sell new 400's at rrp this may drive prices up or stabilise at least the current prices. I got an email from 'we buy any car' saying my cars valuation has gone up. Clearly not a true acid test but still positive for owners. 

That's not what he said @Stuno1. He said they were being encourage to advertise them and price them at RRP but that deals could be done.  Lotus wants to see the cars advertised, quite rightly at close to or at MRRP as that sets the price level for the model. What dealers actually sell for is between the dealer and the purchaser and will surely be based on a whole heap of parameters.

The whole Evora line up is holding on to value quite well and whilst the bottom of the market stays strong this will result in nothing more than some "crowding" in the middle with late S1's and very early 400's getting pretty close. At the end of the day, supply versus demand and there are not ever that many Evora's of any spec. out there for sale at any one time, hence the relative price stability. The price stability is hardly surprising given just what great cars the Evora's are.

I can see the Evora going the way of the NSX in terms of value curves over time. Look at some prices for the NSX now, and the Evora eats them.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm getting very close to doing a deal too. Let's hope the country doesn't go to the dogs with Brexit and our Evoras all depreciate like a stone in 3 years! :ph34r:

We got plenty of threads for politics on here, let's keep this for the Evorai's. What you getting Tom?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

19 hours ago, hkp said:

Is anyone thinking of selling their 400 in the £50k's??

I'm. very keen to buy one, or a late S1 at a push.

What's wrong with the black 400 that you were offered over on S E L O C?

33 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Well, now you're just being fussy... ;)

If I was garaging it full time I'd go for it, but as she'll live outside, black is a bit of a nightmare to keep clean. 

No one interested in the low mileage silver NA on Autotrader for £28.9k? Negotiate a bit more and it looks like a good buy for someone. As for colour I wouldn't go black because of the inability to black pack it to make it look more like a Ferrari rather than a lardy Porsche.  Also I wouldn't go the wrapping route.  Doesn't look great close up on the edges and can also lead to future problems.  Had my NA black packed recently and that cost £600.  Whilst I went to a reputable place there are bits that are not perfect (maybe my expectations are too high). I therefore wouldn't want to wrap the the whole car.  I would suggest waiting for a colour that you would at least be ok with. 

Edited by Evo400

Evora looks lardier than other mid engined sports cars from the side profile because of the headroom needed for the +2.....FACT... No specsavers needed. Just not wearing blinkered specs.  Seems most here prefer the non black pack which coincides with the demographic I suppose. 

Evora shape overall is still nice.  I am constantly telling people that my black pack NA is not the new 400 who are then surprised as they they apparently never liked the S1 cars. 

Edited by Evo400

Sorry @Evo400 still disagree and not sure what you mean by the "demographic".  Here's an Evora non black pack, and black sandwiched between a Ferrari 458 and a Gallardo. Hardly "lardy" in my opinion given that the 458 and G car are +0's by design. Whereas, the Bentley, Porsche and Aston on the right are a bit more lardy....

You might not need specsavers but I can assure I am not wearing blinkered specs either. I guess we all have a different view on what is lardy.

lardy.png

• Like 1

The small print.

I think the Evora mostly looks better in the flesh than in photos - not sure why, but only certain angles do it justice. By contrast I think Ferraris and some other exotics are often slightly disappointing in the flesh. They often appear huge, more like a barge than a nimble sports car. With Ferraris I also spend time checking if it's real or just a good kit with the right badges - never an issue with an Evora!

Too busy to get involved in the 'Lardy' argument discussion. I don't agree, but love the controversy and wish I wasn't busy today...

There's a red 400 without black pack at bell and colvill at the moment, it's really stunning and very lithe still. Without black pack the way the roof meets the rear, those 4 panels intersect to form a sort of chequered flag that you don't get with a black pack. Most obvious with a white car. Personally I like the black pack on all colours except white, but a black pack with the roof in body colour would be awesome imho.

• Like 1

You mean like this?

20160320_175643.jpg

The small print.