Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 55 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Even with paint scratches, that I am sure Oakmere can get sorted, it is still a good price.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 15:56, franjipane said:

@K666ADM The Mercedes Silver Evora 400 is very, very nice indeed.  It's quite different from Signature silver, i think it's lighter, whiter. There's pictures on the website now - http://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/usedcars/cardetail/100009446/Lotus/EVORA

IMG_20170816_123618.jpg

IMG_20170816_123608.jpg

Up for sale again so soon?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-400-auto-exclusive-crystal-laurite-silver/7950329

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Really? Hardly exclusive colour then.... :lol:

Private plate at silverstone?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Yup, Silver Evora advertised at Silverstone is mine . . . and indeed up for sale so soon!

I guess I'm unlike most, because I found that I prefer the S1 Evora to the 400.  The 400 is sharper, but loses ride comfort and fluidity because of this, and so the S1 is a better daily driver.  I think I'm almost the only person who prefers the sound of the S1 to the 400.  So . . . it's a planned move back to an S1 for me.  I'd keep it if it were a weekend car, but I have a couple of Elises in the garage for that.  (It seems I have 2 x Evoras and 2 x Elises at the moment, do I get a special TLF prize???)

A shame because the colour scheme of my 400 is really close to perfection . . . Essex blue + red alcantara is the ultimate, but that Merc silver is definitely nicer than signature silver.  Works brilliantly.

Any questions, give me a shout, or talk to Aimee.

Cheers, David

PS Plate is now L400EVR which is vaguely indicative of Lotus 400 Evora, so if any 400 pilot is interested in the plate then drop me a line!

42 minutes ago, auRouge said:

:o

Are you comparing the 400 to an S or NA?

Comparing to a NA Evora.  I've had two NA Evoras: a manual with the close ratio box, and an IPS.

Hey, I have odd preferences, I admit it . . . . .

@dpm

Funnily enough I'm not surprised. 

400+ bhp cars (with associated stiffer set up) do real justice at illegal speeds so when you say the S1 is your preferred everyday choice I understand.

Ive put my 420bhp car up for sale realising is all I want is a manual with about 300bhp for everyday commute and occasional fun.. 

400 for the weekend / track makes perfect sense..

Going full circle ?‍♂️ I think what some of would like is a cheaper more affordable Evora that's well built, durable, mid 300bhp ish with the old suspension set up! ?

A manual 2014 S1 SR S then ?

1 hour ago, auRouge said:

Going full circle ?‍♂️ I think what some of would like is a cheaper more affordable Evora that's well built, durable, mid 300bhp ish with the old suspension set up! ?

A manual 2014 S1 SR S then ?

Yup!! I really just want to buy a new version of my old car!

But a manual only if they got rid of the transmission grinding noise . . . that's what sent me to IPS/Auto! 

Personally speaking I also prefer the S1 Evora S to the 400 - the looks are purer, the seats are better and the dash looks more bespoke (even if the ergonomics aren't as good as the later car).  From a commercial point of view I suspect Lotus would make more money by bringing out a normally aspirated Evora 300 rather than a 440 or whatever they'll call the next limited edition.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

love my n/a s1 ... yesterday, out for 2 hours autumn drive...... . 3rd gear on the cr box is just perfect on my sweeping b roads  ..:wub:   the factory janspeed sports exhaust is just a beautiful v6 soundtrack in and out the car....!   my thoughts on how comfy the s1's are have  been noted elsewhere 

I do like the 400 sound track, its different,  was only  playing with one the other day,  but prefer the soundtrack of my s1... you are not alone....  DAvid

Edited by andyj007

I too love my S1 NA and can confirm that Jim's 2bular headers when mated to the factory titanium tipped sports exhaust are just phwoar!!! I tend to find I spend 95% of my driving time in the S1 NA in 3rd and 4th. They cover speeds up to well over a ton and on normal roads they are the only gears I need if I don't have to stop, start or reverse :driving:

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

13 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Yes it is, study the engine Bay pictures, it's not a S !

still a good price , I've already phoned them and I've got first dibs on Monday, once he's checked, cos I don't think he believed me when I told him it wasn't an S.

For anyone who is interested, I dropped my silver 400 off with Aimee at Silverstone this morning so (in a totally self interested plug) do go see her!

In the interest of fairness, I should say that Matt and Aimee do seem to have gone from limited Evora stock to a nice selection so now is probably a really good time to go see them for anyone exploring the Evora world.  (Just make sure you choose the silver one ;-) )

Cheers, David

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Having enjoyed Lotus ownership for the past 8 years, 5 of which have been with the Evora SSR I have decided it is time to move on to something different. Therefore as of today I have put my car up for sale on Pistonheads (and Autotrader when I get around to it). As for what I'm going to move to next, well that you will have to wait for until I've sold the car on first :) I've spent a fair bit on the car while i've owned it and having added it up it is well over £12k just on upgrades so whether anyone wants to use it as a driver like I have done or use it on track like I have also done it pretty much needs nothing in my opinion.

Pistonheads: https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... hp/8058092

A few details below:

KOMO-TEC EV430:

+70bhp and 47lb/ft over standard, to achieve approx. 425bhp and 344lb/ft
Carbon fibre induction kit with K&N high-flow cone filter
Modified supercharger pulley
Engine management system re-flash
OBD Programming Lead
Cost of approximately £2500
Work carried out at 35,582 miles

2BULAR TRACK EDITION EXHAUST AND MANIFOLDS:

Stepped 2bular 3-1 design de-cat manifold and bigger-bore downpipes (£1730)
130mm diameter 200cell HJS HD Catalyser (£734)
Track edition exhaust – keeps noise levels under 105db (£1207)
Work carried out at 1327 miles

NITRON 46RACEPRO SHOCKS (Hoffman Spec):

600lbs springs on the front with a 300lbs helperS
900lbs springs on the rear with 400lbs helpers
This setup is perfectly suitable for those who use their car on the road and for track days. Road performance is not compromised. The Evora is my daily driver.
Original Bilstein shocks also included in the sale
Cost incl fitting £2500
Work carried out at 48000 miles

UPRATED CLUTCH, FLYWHEEL & QUAIFE LSD:

Evora high torque clutch pack and flywheel
Quaife ATB helical Limited Slip Differential - Maximises traction and minimises wheel spin, maintenance-free design and keeps the standard oil lubrication of the original unit
InoKinetic uprated gearbox transmission cables
Cost incl fitting £4500
All work carried out at 44,970 miles

OTHER BITS:

Supercharger belt replaced at 35,769 miles
All engine mounts replaced at 44,970 miles (£500)
AP front Racing discs and Aluminium Bells at 48,000 miles (£900)
Pagid RS29 front brake pads fitted at 50,000 miles (£250)
Pagid RS29 rear brake pads fitted at 50,000 miles (£250)
Tyres: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 235/35/19 front and 285/30/20 rear