Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 37 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Silverstone clearly had a good weekend.

Blue 400 listed at 60k on Thursday/Friday, sold today! Too cheap?

@spunagain NA mentioned above is sold, that's less than a few days as well. £34k, so clearly a sellers market.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Not seen the Evora in that dark blue before, quite like it :)

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

2 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Silverstone clearly had a good weekend.

Blue 400 listed at 60k on Thursday/Friday, sold today! Too cheap?

@spunagain NA mentioned above is sold, that's less than a few days as well. £34k, so clearly a sellers market.

Assuming howmanyleft is accurate, Silverstone sold .55% of all Evoras ever registered in the UK in the last 5 days. Not bad going.

If they keep that rate up, they'll sell every single one in about 3 years...

2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Wow, not even a MY 2012 interior :o

Not even an MY12 car, that's why!

This is the same car which sat unsold for months/years at a Sussex dealer. It's (still) about £10k overpriced. 

Also in Continental europe there are a lot of cars that have been registered years after the "original" MY, esp NA IPS (rumour had been told from a badge of cars that went to China originally but had not been sold)

As Long the Price is correct fine - also I would like a clear Statement relating the MY in Advertising in order to give buyers quick Information (yes I know w h y the is not inserted ;-)

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

@C8RKH so in conclusion only buy my2012 and later? ?

If you want a softer slightly more comfortable interior but less mechanical reliability, then yes, you are correct @Stuno1

However, you'd do far better to just look at what is out there (not a lot) and buy on conditon and history whether pre/post 2012 depending on your budget and then drive the arse off it and smile loads.  To be honest I have seen MY12+ cars whose interior was a bloody mess compared to older cars, even with the Oyster interior.  I'll reiterate, buy on condition and history for the best car. 

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Like @Stuno1 , I think the MY2012 onwards are well worth the premium!

Seriously though, you're always right to buy on condition. The journalists have rated the Evora from the start so nowt wrong with an older car if it's been cared for. 

Having said that, I do think the MY12 onwards interior gives the cars an edge, though it's actually the exhaust noise that really lifts it for me.

Me. Wind ups. Really?  Come on. Never.......

At least you don't have a tacky Lexus anymore and you realised that swapping the "exu" for "otu" would make your life just so much more complete.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I see Hilton & Moss have the GITS Evora 400, but seem to not be interested in mentioning why half of the pictures of the car show it all stickered up...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2016-Lotus-Evora-400-3-5-V6-Supercharged-Sportscar-finished-in-Metallic-Grey-/122089979416?hash=item1c6d213e18:g:0s0AAOSwuLZYzxZ1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

How can you advertise a car as "New" when it has 4000 miles on it and was registered in March 2016? 

Mind you they have priced it as being new :ermm:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Agreed, it's 10k over priced based on what Aimee is pricing her used ones at (and I have no idea what "GITS" is referring to either!) :blush: But Castle/H&M seem to have no problems with having cars sat around for years, I had S100HOT for a long weekend almost 3 years ago and their S1 elise 190 has been for sale since before I bought my S2 Sprint almost 7 years ago!

Edited by Gashead1105

GITS = Ghost in the shell (current film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1219827/

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Never heard of it but have had a google...

Won't be going to see it.

8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

The MY12 "improvements" were mostly to the trim <snip>

Many of the mechanical upgrades announced did not make it through to production.

The gearchange cables and front ARB are fairly significant mechanical upgrades. 

Many is not the same as all and nowt wrong with my gear change / cables. But then the MY2010 were statistically the best built :P

The small print.

Really? Have you asked Neil for warranty figures? ;)

I believe the figures came from the warranty figures. It's on here somewhere but I'm about to takeoff in 10 minutes so not digging.

The small print.

Anyone on here selling privately in Kent?

Im up in Dundee but know the need is to travel to pick up the right car when it comes to Lotus...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-2-evora-400----------------2016/6991850