Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 40 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

are we sure its an S or has someone just bought the badge.........its got the wrong exhaust tailpipes.......

could be after market tho'...

just sayin'...:)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Looking at the AT ad for the car, there's no satnav, no cruise (so no tech pack), no armrest (so no Premium Pack), but it does have a Sport button (so must have Sport Pack).

Not particularly appealing.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

A decently priced, low mileage MY11 'S':

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222507575173

It's not clear from the listing if it's got either of the other two packs. 

It's already sold - just phoned the dealer! The search continues...

Edited by BigTed

1 hour ago, theelanman said:

are we sure its an S or has someone just bought the badge.........

It's got the S diffuser (which would be a very expensive change to make). 

1 hour ago, DrRick said:

Looking at the AT ad for the car, there's no satnav, no cruise (so no tech pack), no armrest (so no Premium Pack), but it does have a Sport button (so must have Sport Pack).

FYI, all 'S' effectively have the Sport pack. 

@Bravo73, fair enough, but one of the earlier questions was whether it was a real S or not. I'm hoping the S badge, the diffuser and the Sport button come together to mean a Sport pack equipped S.

Anyway, it's already gone apparently.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

Hi all.  New to the Forum.  After dreaming about owning a mid engined car since I was a kid I find myself in a position to buy an Evora.  Huge investment for me and thus very nervous about buying the right thing, and hence thought this would the best place to get good advice.

Would prefer to be looking at cars in mid £30ks, my logic telling me depreciation should be low on these and therefore my cash is fairly safe. However these cars tend to be significantly older with higher mileages and NAs. On the other hand there seems to be supercharged cars with under 10k miles around in the £40ks.

Anyone got a view on which direction is best to look at, if I want relatively easy resale should I need access to the cash and lowest depreciation?

Maybe an impossible question to answer but if anyone can I figure it would be the people on here!

@AlastairI reckon mid £30k should get you an 'S' with everything.....probably about 2010/2011......with about 30k on it.....the problem is finding one.......

when they do come up they dont hand around........only advice would be to be very vigilant on the web/lotus sites etc.....and be prepared to make minor compromises......

when I bought mine I ended up without the colour or manual box.......

nope that sounds about right........

a lot newer and a lot less miles......

the S is about £5k more than the NA generally.......

I guess it depends on what you want and how much you want to spend......

the cars are selling themselves at dealers.......Ive just had mine in at the dealer this week for MoT....and he had 4 in.....2NA and 2S......all sold.....and according to him all sold in about 5 days.......one went before hed even managed to get it up on the tinterweb.......the cheapest was a 2009LE with 35k on the clock at £29k........the 's' was 2011 and had 30k on the clock and went for £35k........just as a guide.....

@theelanman, care to share who the dealer was?

Dr Rick

@DrRick @Alastair

Chris Neils.......Northwich

now called Oakmere.......

https://www.oakmeremotorgroup.co.uk/lotus

theyve still got one listed......altho he did say theyd all gone....might be worth a ring......

starlight black......15000miles....'13 plate......

£35k......from a Lotus Dealer sounds like a bargain......

nope.....the market seems steady all year round......

there aint enough cars to go round so they dont hang around.......

Not so much, seasonally. Most cars were still shifting pretty quickly over the winter. 

The difference is the pricing. Over last winter, a decent NA would generally be listed at £30k. The same cars now seem to be listed at £33/4k. An S still merits a £5k premium. 

not wishing to pry but for the benefit of Alastair.....

what was the spec and how much?.....

you dont need to tell us if you dont want.......

I paid £35k for a 2011 NA IPS 25k miles and everything on it.....3 years ago.......ex Lotus car and from a dealer

I think I got a bargain as I managed to knock the dealer down quite a bit.......

he only had the car in for 3 days

3 minutes ago, theelanman said:

not wishing to pry but for the benefit of Alastair.....

what was the spec and how much?.....

you dont need to tell us if you dont want.......

I paid £35k for a 2011 NA IPS 25k miles and everything on it.....3 years ago.......ex Lotus car and from a dealer

Oct 2010, NA, Graphite Grey with black, Sports pack, part tech pack (2012 Pioneer and Rev camera) CR Box, Cat Bypass, Forged alloys, 33k on the clock. Well looked after and clean.  Clutch changed at 17k due to other reason but Lotus did it while the car was apart. £29.5k Plus I knew the own from years back when I had my Elise, so it wasn't a random car.

yep......be prepared to compromise.......I did.......and I've not regretted it one bit.......

lets face it......you're sat in it grinning like a Cheshire cat.......doesn't matter what colour it is on the outside......people will still see it and look and point......

my only defo requirements were sports pack, Close ratio box, and full lotus history. wasnt bothered about rear seats, in fact i actually wanted a 2 seater, as not keen on the squashed rear seat look in back, plus my kids too old to fit in

found a silver, didnt actually want a silver one until i saw it in the flesh (artic Silver) and then realised that a the colour is stunning (very flakey sparkly) and shows the beautiful curves and lines off to full effect...  this  one had all my above req plus  factory sports exhaust (sounds brilliant) and full hethel factory  history which was every year not on milage

31.7K from lotus  dealer 24.5k on clock , just been serviced at factory , four new tyres, headlamps re done.. etc etc was only on the second owner...  

a little over priced probably but was fed up waiting and searching, and colour in the flesh was so much nicer than others id looked at.. plus dealer was great (Castle Lotus) and local which was a bonus..

so instead of looking for the last month ive been out enjoying my ride, taking pictures, and explaining to people just what is actually is :)     best month ive had in a long long time..   

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149161393@N06/albums/72157680060090943

be prepared to be a little flexible, money/spec make a move when you find a nice looked after one.. at the end of the day, there all worth about the same give or take the odd K

Edited by andyj007
  • Like 1

Well what do you know.  I have just bought an NA to keep me occupied until the 400/410 depreciates further (4/5 years perhaps).  Judging by the prices talked about on here and the silly prices being asked for by dealers I got an absolute bargain.  Will probably be able to sell for a profit when the time comes to swap it for a 400/410.

Previous to the above purchase I offered £40k for the red S SR at Oakmere and £37k for the white S SR IPS 55k miles (Snows) . Both declined.  Could have dealt at £38k for the Snows car but my final price of £37700 was declined. So sale did not happen over £300.

Edited by Evo400

The consistent demand for these cars in all forms is impressive to say the least! It's remarkable have values have held even with the 400 coming along.

3 hours ago, BigTed said:

If anyone is after an Evora S IPS then this seems like quite a good deal??

https://www.vcars.co.uk/used-cars/cardetails.php?t=vcarsdna&u=227784

Not sure if they still have it mind, as it doesn't seem to be on their own website.

Looking at the car and the co2 emissions in their description, that's not an s it's an na 

3 hours ago, BigTed said:

If anyone is after an Evora S IPS then this seems like quite a good deal??

https://www.vcars.co.uk/used-cars/cardetails.php?t=vcarsdna&u=227784

Not sure if they still have it mind, as it doesn't seem to be on their own website.

I’m a relative newcomer in these parts but from my observations since the start of the year: colour, mileage, Tech/Premium/Sport packs and 2+2 all make a considerable difference to perceived value and therefore resale desirability.

A 2+2 with all the packs in a “good” colour like white or red with <30k miles will never be difficult to sell IMO.

I personally find it odd that people really care about things like Tech Pack and 2+2 but are willing to be flexible on S vs. non S and manual versus IPS.  I think this reflects the Evora buyer as being more family/GT than sports/performance orientated.  Myself I opted for a 2+0 with no Tech Pack and a Komo-tec EV430 conversion, and couldn’t be happier.

Edited by plenty
  • Like 2