Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 43 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

43k for a s sr is bottom end of the market for them. I previously asked if anyone knew why this one was not selling when more expensive ones are with similar mileage.

Some S SRs sold privately at £40k 12/18 months ago.  I tried to buy the oakmere car for £40k,  a level I was not personally felt was still expensive.  S SR prices appear to have stayed stagnant for the last 18m so from that point of view are intrinsically expensive. 

The JCT cars are ludicrously priced so avoid.  Likewise that mansory car.  The £48k red JCT car also has the ugly smaller forged alloys instead of the S alloys.  This alone means it should be worth £2k less than an equivalent car.  I would not even pay £40k for this JCT car.  Early 400s are not much more than the price of this car. 

It appears that the white S SR IPS at snows that I could have bought for £38k has now sold. 

Edited by Evo400

S SR''s at £40k are intrinsically expensive. I guess that is your point of view @Evo400 but surely the price level is something for the market to decide.

Also you talk about the ugly small forged alloys should mean that car should be cheaper. Really? The forged alloys were a considerable cost option as a performance choice. Again that's a heavy personal opinion from you on price factors.  I actually think they look good. The 20" rear S SR wheels would not look out of place on a cruiser like a Bentley GT and are too big in my opinion. But then that's my personal opinion.

When early NA's are pushing £31 - £35k I personally do not see an S SR at £40k as being intrinsically expensive at all. The market has really warmed to Evora's and the price is holding firm nicely.

This is often the way with Lotus cars. Just look at the Europa. Lotus could not sell them but now, whoosh, the market has warmed to them and prices for good cars are rising fast.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Early NAs are only being advertised at £30k.  Many are selling way way below that.  My 25k miles, full service history one is an example.   Others on here have also bought these £30k cars for a lot less.

The forged alloys can be bought on the used market for £600-800.  The S alloys will cost alot more on the used market (Ive only seen £2k+).  I would buy a S set if I could pick them up for forged money.  Regarding size, they only look big in silver.  These cars in my opinion should only have black alloys in which case they improve the look with the larger size.

Edited by Evo400

I think if he's sold his Evora with only 25k miles for 'well under' 30k as he mentions then he's lost out big time.

30k + all day long for a well kept, full service 25k miles example.

• Like 2

Im all for the early NAs to retain their value if that is what the market decides.

In fact Im hoping the NAs stay at the £30k whilst the 400s depreciate towards the £4Xk.

The £600 set has been sold.  The £950 set is still there because it is £950.  You could probably deal at £800 if you wanted them badly.  They are also new so more expensive than a used set.

As for the ebay ones, its uklotuscentre ffs. 

On a side note why is this forum so poor to type on using a mobile phone. Font sizes are all over the place. 

Edited by Evo400

Evora prices are a wonderful mystery to me! The low price end has stayed the same for years now and even with the introduction of the 400 the s sr end is yet to budge from its initial hit. Still keen to see where the 400's end up next year.

Is it me or are the MY15 reg cars not moving?

I've never talked down the market.  Just expressing my opinion.  However I must be in the minority if people are happy to wait 4 years and still pay the same money. 

Cannot see much change though in the future especially when ford, VW, BMW, Audi etc are now pricing their very ordinary cars over the cost of a used Evora.  

2 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Evora prices are a wonderful mystery to me! The low price end has stayed the same for years now and even with the introduction of the 400 the s sr end is yet to budge from its initial hit. Still keen to see where the 400's end up next year.

Is it me or are the MY15 reg cars not moving?

Its probably because financing a MY15 with the high APRs given is almost the same as buying new with the 50/50 offer, but yes the early 400s do not appear to be moving. 

21 minutes ago, Evo400 said:

I've never talked down the market.  Just expressing my opinion.  However I must be in the minority if people are happy to wait 4 years and still pay the same money. 

You have actually paid what people were paying for the same car 4 years ago. In 2013 I paid £29K for an LE (NA, all packs) with FSH and half your mileage from an independent dealer. In 2017 that same car would probably be up for about £32K and snapped up pretty quickly. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but the demand is there and supply is limited.

Good for you. 

The issue seems to be that, repeatedly, you have tried to express your 'opinion' as fact. However, the actual market has never supported your opinion. Either here or over on S E L O C. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

S E L O C. 

ah!!!....that explains it

• Like 2

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

It's clear to me that more people are seeing a £30k Evora as a bargain supercar. They are relatively cheap to service, quite practical and even a new 1.6 litre base model Elise costs more so why wouldn't you. They're also very rare so not too many people need to recognise this for the values to rise as they have been doing. At anything under £30k I start to think a second Evora could make sense...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

Good for you. 

The issue seems to be that, repeatedly, you have tried to express your 'opinion' as fact. However, the actual market has never supported your opinion. Either here or over on S E L O C. 

No, the issue is that you are obviously very protective of your car value just because you own one. Rose tinted specs.... 

I have never expressed anything as fact since an opinion by definition is not a fact. 

45 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

It's clear to me that more people are seeing a £30k Evora as a bargain supercar. They are relatively cheap to service, quite practical and even a new 1.6 litre base model Elise costs more so why wouldn't you. They're also very rare so not too many people need to recognise this for the values to rise as they have been doing. At anything under £30k I start to think a second Evora could make sense...

Agree but a £50k 400 in 6/12/18 months time is massively better value than an early £30k NA. 

Edited by Evo400

Only if you have £50k and are prepared to spend it on a car. Many people don't. At £30k, or thereabouts, these cars are much more accessible.

Edited by Danelaw
typo
  • Like 2

@Danelaw I agree with you. At say £22-25k an early NA with a higher mileage but the sports pack would be a superb second Evora.  I would strip it out, look at uprating the power through CAI, Manifolds and cams and then have a bloody superb track day car to replace my VX220.

That is what Nirvana would look like to me anyway!

@Evo400 - again, I agree with what people said, there is a world of difference between paying £30-33k for an early but loved NA and paying £50k for a late S or 400.  That extra £20k is a lot of post-tax money to save as not everyone wants to buy on credit

At £30k the early NA is a far more easily justified weekend car. £50k plus is a tad hard to justify for the majority on a weekend toy I would guess..

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

How much much difference do we think there is between a MY2012 car like mine (which has heated seats, camera, nav etc) and the Sports Racers?

I don't want to, but I may have to consider selling mine, hopefully not.

30-33k i think brings more  people into the frame on affordability and justification for a real nice mini supercar/sports car.. 

when exiges at similar age are making high twentys, when the exige doesnt fit the requirements the evora  does..

looking at the options a 30+ evora represents a fantastic buy IMO and will be safe money..

strong engine, unique, great looks, great performance, relatively cheap to maintain....  and a great social network and meets

.  i recently went through this process, looked at all  the alternative porsches, 997, 996, caymen.. ..   

i just didnt feel the love for the porsche that lets be honest virtually all look  samey... 

30-33k was at the very top of my budget, so the evora N/A prices worked well for me..  i struggled to find one at the time for less than 30K from a dealer with great history...  and that ticked my own boxes....  

50K second hand weekend car was & never would be on the table me... its irrelevant if its a better value than a N/A to me...  also not everyone is hung up on an s the performance matters only on paper, both quick cars..  

personally i prefer the design & contour lines of the s1..  it will age like a nice wine :) 

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

@Evo400 - again, I agree with what people said, there is a world of difference between paying £30-33k for an early but loved NA and paying £50k for a late S or 400.  That extra £20k is a lot of post-tax money to save as not everyone wants to buy on credit

At £30k the early NA is a far more easily justified weekend car. £50k plus is a tad hard to justify for the majority on a weekend toy I would guess..

Totally agree with the above. I would not want to spend another £20k plus my very nice 60 plate 3 packed Evora and end up with a marginally faster Evora that looks the same. £30K is still a lot of money to most people and much more justifiable on a toy than £50k.

11 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Has it got all of the other packs and the black pack?

No black pack and has leather seats with the red piping, rather than the alcantara that I think the sports racers got? Other than that, I think it has everything, apart from folding mirrors (which I was going to do, but have never found the time)!