Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 85 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

16 hours ago, chip2257 said:

Dont really fancy it in black! 

You can always wrap it maybe not all but roof and wing etc ? I did it on my ardent red Evora I liked the final look 

just another option as it’s a nice example ?

excellent work!.....  looks huge against the vauxhall parked behind :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chip2257 said:

IMG-20190309-WA0014.jpg

Congratulations Chris and from Nottingham even better are you a Member of MLOC, if you are not you need to be lots of meets around Notts and close bye, be great to meet to soon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Congratulations Chris and from Nottingham even better are you a Member of MLOC, if you are not you need to be lots of meets around Notts and close bye, be great to meet to soon.

I am a member, have been since my Elise! I'll be coming to some meetings too, want to see what options I've got for stereos, this one must be the standard one everyone moans about as its rubbish! 

Typical... day 2 of ownership and its snowing!!!

36 minutes ago, chip2257 said:

I am a member, have been since my Elise! I'll be coming to some meetings too, want to see what options I've got for stereos, this one must be the standard one everyone moans about as its rubbish! 

Congratulations Chris

glad you sorted out a car that you love it can stressful trying to find your car but you made it 

I am outskirts of Leicestershire and haven’t made it to MLOC meeting in Shadlow as yet 

shame the weather turned today I bought last year and couldn’t drive for a few weeks due to weather frustrating but it’s best to wait so you can get a good feel of the car 

I guess the dealers who sold you the car were ok guys so sometimes the things you heard/read on internet can be misleading ? Enjoy 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chip2257 said:

Yes the old head units are are rubbish, just upgraded mine from a pioneer SPH-DA120 to a DA130 dab both great units, obviously better if you use a iPhone as both come with apple car play with all it’s benefits, google maps, apple maps, Siri in my opinion you could not want more, especially at the price point of about £300,  would be great to meet up with MLOC, Sunday breakfast runs are great, please post your new car on the forum the guys would appreciate it.

DBE24E64-C87C-45A5-9C48-4EDA5171D451.jpeg

Yes swap to pioneer apple unit and you might need to check if you have a sub/amp in the rear drivers side as the stock Alpine units are naff and worth replacing to help improve sound quality if that’s an important factor when driving ?

word of caution it’s not a easy job time consuming and fiddly 

• Like 2

My first post here. I am in the market for an Evora and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this yellow 410 for sale at Oakmere https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-sport-410/9463050 . Seem to remember the same car was for sale last year - perhaps owned by someone on here or the playground in the interim? Also wanted to be sure it wasn't one of the ex-press (i.e. ragged 🙂 ) 410s which seem to be knocking about at dealers. Ta!

It's an MX plate (Manchester) so unlikely to be an original factory registered car (they normally start AU). Could be worth asking them how many former keepers and checking the first wasn't a dealer, although I wouldn't be bothered about it being an ex-demo.

Welcome by the way!

Welcome first to forum

As Neil H suggested as part of your research ask the dealership for previous owners and maybe contact them if you can ? But at 4K I wouldn’t think it will been through many owners ?

theres a kind chap at lotus hq I think his name is Andy in archives dept who maybe able to tell you when the car was made/ spec , where it first went from the factory and if it was used by lotus staff or press?

It’s a lovely car I am sure once you drive it your money and signature will be on the dotted line soon after ! You will be part of an exclusive group too !

7 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

To @freefall_junkie, welcome to TLF. :welcome:

If you’re looking at yellow 410s, have you considered the one at Strattons? 

https://www.strattonmotorcompany.com/listings/2016-lotus-evora-410-sport/

It’s SOR from a TLFer, so you can be assured that it comes from a good home. ;)

The car at Stratton is a stunner.  @freefall_junkie definitely worth a look 

3 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

My first post here. I am in the market for an Evora and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this yellow 410 for sale at Oakmere https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-sport-410/9463050 . Seem to remember the same car was for sale last year - perhaps owned by someone on here or the playground in the interim? Also wanted to be sure it wasn't one of the ex-press (i.e. ragged 🙂 ) 410s which seem to be knocking about at dealers. Ta!

Hi there & welcome. Always buy on condition and take your time to inspect any car you buy, ex press or not. Remember a normal car can be ragged & or badly maintained by owners. I remember driving an exige 350 before buying my Evora which was in a horrid state, and had 2 private owners from new. 

If the service schedule is up to date, the dealer has fully inspected the car and you are happy with the way it drives, go for it!! 

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll ask some questions and, yes, if I'm parting with that much dosh I'll be inspecting the car very, very carefully. At 4k miles you'd expect it to be immaculate, but in the past I have seen very low mileage Exiges which were anything but.

The yellow one at Strattons also looks interesting - unfortunately I just missed it when it was up for sale privately on PH a few weeks back. I think the dealer is asking 4 or 5k more that it was advertised at previously. I assumed they must have bought it, hadn't considered in might be SOR. In many ways I'd rather buy privately so I can meet the owner.

Anyway hopefully I'll be joining the ranks of Evora owners one way or another in the next couple of months.

Oh, and highly amused that my reference to another Lotus forum in my first post seems to have automatically been changed to 'the playground' 🙂

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

I had my eye on the Oakmere yellow one last year but was too late pulling the trigger. I do like the colour scheme. Very Bruce Lee Game of Death.

The yellow 410 is back at Oakmere again. 

On 13/03/2019 at 15:10, freefall_junkie said:

I wanted to buy that car last year but they just were not interested in doing a deal, so I bought the Fire Red one from Silverstone instead. I suspect its been parked round the back waiting for spring but might be wrong, often am.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I wanted to buy that car last year but they just were not interested in doing a deal, so I bought the Fire Red one from Silverstone instead. I suspect its been parked round the back waiting for spring but might be wrong, often am.

They did sell it last year and it’s been taken  back as a part exchange. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazm said:

They did sell it last year and it’s been taken  back as a part exchange. 

Hmmm. Was the owner on here to find out more and why sold? I don't believe it was a press car but might be wrong of course.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

We did indeed sell the Yellow 410 last year chaps - We have just taken her back in part exchange against our red Evora GT430 

The car was originally registered by us and has had one private owner since. 

Simon

Oakmere Lotus

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SimonC said:

We did indeed sell the Yellow 410 last year chaps - We have just taken her back in part exchange against our red Evora GT430 

The car was originally registered by us and has had one private owner since. 

Simon

Oakmere Lotus

Both that yellow 410 and your red GT430 are stunning cars.

The small print.