Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Midlife Crisis! - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Midlife Crisis!

It's the Swindon effect.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 24/01/2019 at 21:48, Mark Blanchard said:

And you're still married?

No, we're not married and never have been. So don't fret, it's perfectly acceptable.

15 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Once you’ve been married a long time like Alan - it simply saves his missus the hassle 🤣

Nope. Think of it as a double whammy Bazza.

14 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

“Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.” 

Except in @swindon_alans case it’s “Don’t try it until you’ve knocked it.”

I just KNEW you were going to say this! You really should come to Swindon for some um "leisure time", I can help you with that sir...

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Well your "average" V8 has been around £35-£40k recently. S350s are very thin on the ground though. I'm thinking that is higher than what @purso got for his very low mileage Final Edition. So probably about £10-£15k too high?

• Gold FFM

Ffs @swindon_alan don’t loose sight of the fact this is a s350..... makes it simply the one to have imho.

sadly im not a multimillionaire so im never destined to have one

Only here once

As v8 owner I have not even though possibility it blowing. It seems so easy going and the possibilities of exploiting it's full potential is not really possible In our road enviroment. 

I am plannanning to attend a track day on next summer,  so I might think different after that... 

I have done many with motorbike and they take that easily, but Lotus might be different thing. 

"Older I get, faster I was"

I completely agree. The V8 was designed to output up to 550bhp as a race engine and at a detuned 350bhp it is hardly trying or stressed. Granted, it could (potentially) go bang in the GT1 full on form.

The other point is that the performance and handling limits and capability are way beyond my driving abilities and as you note, improbable to reach on public roads. So again, engine stress is lowered. 

Aside from all this I don't get why other Lotus owners diss the V8 engine so much. After all it was designed, developed and tested by the best automotive engineering company in the world which we must surely all agree on.

Looked after properly it a reliable thing of wonder and to me, admiration. 

• Like 1

I must admit that I have developed a bit hooligan habit. About half mile from my home is a roundabout when coming from a motorway and after that is the gas station where old geezers are sitting and talkin shite with the friends. This place is near but not visible from the roundabout. 

So, when I am heading home, I just can not resist the urge to do little power slide In the roundabout on the second gear or on third if it is wet weather. 

It is childlish I know, but so rewarding... 😃

The current tyres, Kumho Ecsta sports make quite a sound and when coming to the sight of the old men sitting outside the gas station, I just pass them In the fourth gear and near idle revs... 

I guess that next I will buy some tyres with better grip. 

• Love 2

"Older I get, faster I was"

6 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

It's Trevor's (old?) car 

Yep my old car and it was a good one when I sold it and know the owner spent lots as stated over the last year, not because it needed it but because he wanted it to be the best. Must be very nice now, I’ve not seen it but will call down some time.

Trevor.

• Like 2

I'll get around to it at some point.