Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 Parts Cross References - Page 6 - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 Parts Cross References

Hi Dean,

I tried replying to your pm but your inbox is full! I don't have any pictures of a the internals of a stepper motor. I also don't know what you mean about providing my source of the 70 pound one? As far as Iam away they are from Lotus and cost about

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

just as an 'side note' on the old discussions about my ZF-PAS pump conversion long time ago... .

I found my original *Saginaw*/GM PAS-pump in the garage today. And it is labeled with an part-number that refers to an basic design for the old 4 pot engines -A910E7022F-

...so i bed all those who tried to say that the pump is created to be an 'one & only' V8 pump, are just on the wrong way. If an part is unique for an engine -than it should be labeled (following the LOTUS specific parts numbering !) with an A

(or B, or whatever..) 918E ***** -number !?

The reason why i had converted it to an ZF-pump system was that i had toughed there is an fault in the GM pump itself. As some of you can remind: It was not so ! -it was just an fault in the intermediate shaft u-joint that caused an feeling of unstable steering . Bud my ZF pump conversion worked for several years and i was just to lazy to swap it back for the OEM pump.

My engine is out now until August/September -and i have some free time, so i will rebuild it to stock and we all can sleep well from now on ... :o

The ZF-pump was one , used in my old Ford powered Cobra-Kitcar.

Ford customer number: 95GB-3A674-AC

ZF application: 7691 955 1(?)2 , max. rated as 110bar

..and of course, you can all see that i had to modify the pump body slightly, as not all latches an mounting points are useful for the 918 engine/pump-bracket

BILD0230.JPGBILD0231.JPGBILD0232.JPG

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Gunter, I'm going to repeat a post Bibs made very early on in this thread. It is a direct quote from a very good friend of the forum who happened to be instrumental in the design and engineering of your, my and every Esprit. It's not just pub talk and heresay, your comments on this subject are not particularly helpul and I'm considering removing your recent post and any subsequent muddying of this important topic.

Ignore this advise at your peril:

Item posted by Gunter (March 16 2007) - Power Steering Pump.

The Saginaw Pump on the Esprit has unique calibration specified by Lotus.

Any other pump (Saginaw or ZF) is unlikely to have a suitable output characteristic to generate the required steering assist.

Using such pumps (which may have identical body and mounting arrangement) could produce unacceptable steering characteristics.

Lotus would never recommend the use of alternative / unspecified components on a vehicle steering system.

Another item under Parts Cross Reference (silver bullet - Aug 12 2006) claiming that the steering Rack is 'Stock' SAAB is incorrect. The Rack Body is Saab but the valve gear is not.

• Gold FFM

do what ever you think you have to do ! I have not an problem with that -bud what i think is: It is still curious that it worked so far...

:o ..just as an question for your factory contact: if so -and there is an valve body in the pump, specially created for the rpm characteristics of the V8 engine and compared with those road speeds & steering forces on the wheels. Why the hell is it not labeled correctly with an Esprit V8 specified number ?? As the pump (following an direct relation to every late Esprit chassis conception) should have an A082*** -number [for usable on every Esprit , right !?], or those A918*** numbers for V8 specific !?

Edited by G

Lotus part numbers for power steering pumps:

A910E7022F - 4 cylinder cars

A918E0300K - V8 cars

Gunter, I've no idea what may or may not be fitted to your car, but I suggest you buy the correct item as this isn't the same as an alternator or door handle.

• Gold FFM

Good to know, as what you say means nothing else than my car was build up with an 4-pot pump :P

...i have no information about *when & why* that happens in the documentation bills of the previous owner time.. .

And the strange thing is : it works -

or with other words -it does not matter what sort of pump i use, as all of my pumps will still be the wrong part

please just delete all related old comments from me -and ignore the whole thing, it's just to strange :yes:

• 1 month later...

V8 front brake rotors are available from EBC, Part No. GD1130.

Very reasonable at around $200 on this side of the pond.

Slotted and blind drilled. US source: http://tinyurl.com/npsumj

Not sure if these are already listed as this thread is getting rather long,

but a search didn't turn up a match.

Edit to add - "It appears that the linked website application data states the incorrect dia (11.7") for the 2001 V8 rotor dia which is 330mm (12.99"). Please check with the EBC supplier to insure that the application is correct for your V8 model year as this rotor may be for V8 MY's up to 2000 and not MY's 2001 (& up) with AP brakes."

Edited by Bibs

Gunter - Here are some facts for you.

The original Saginaw Power Steering Pump was developed for the 4 Cylinder Esprit.

The original Part No. was A910E7022F which indicates it was first used on the 4 Cylinder Turbo Engine.

It could be used on other applications (other Lotus Vehicles / Engines) using the same part number if the specification is unchanged.

The Pump used on the V8 Engines (A918E0300K - First Used on the V8 Engine) has the same flow characteristics as the the 4 Cylinder Pump (A910E7022F) but has a different position for the inlet pipe. This modification is carried out by Lotus - Saginaw supply A910E7022F and Lotus converts it to A918E0300K. The pump body will still carry the A910E7022 identification.

Many Saginaw / ZF Power Steering Pumps will fit the engine mounting bracket and provide hydraulic pressure / flow to the power the steering rack. As the flow characteristics will be different / incorrect (the pump valve is unique to Lotus) the steering feel will not be as specified by Lotus which could lead to strange or dangerous steering conditions.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I know that i have to turn the inlet pipe on V8 application, as that was one thing I've done on my ZF-pump :whistle: -so if there is no other critical point i will use the Saginaw-pump again, with its 4-pot part-number. As the inlet pipe is there turned around too... . Bud anyway, never had any problems with the ZF pump -or critical steering conditions. After all the fault in the steering was not on the pump end -it was that 'intermediate shaft' joint that sits inside the wheel area. It suffered from rust, and so every steering action I've done was translated with interruption onto the valve body inside the steering rack. The Saginaw-pump was never affected by an fault. The use of that ZF pump was just an try and error fault check. Bud i have not converted it back for years -now as the engine is out I can do that with all the other work...

• 1 month later...

AWI wheel center/badge

Info for all who is looking for AWI wheels centres - badges.

Lotus missparted esprit pn A082G4112F (u ll get wrong ones see picture)

awicenter.jpg

U need to order A120G0046F, its Elise pn, but correct badge, fits great.

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

not sure about, maybe I will start a new trouble with the moderators.. .

But TV was boring, so I tried to use my brain for some Lotus-parts reference-search & comparison on the O2-sensor problem. If the problem was already solved before -forget this attachment, if not -see here:

..all I need is someone in Europe, GB & USA who can go in an local autoparts store.

To verify the reference by holding the parts in his own hands for real..

you can compare my OEM/NGK list above with *Bosch* number (0 258 006 537 ) for around 170Euros for the LADA 100 car-series,

or *Bosch* number (0 258 003 644), (0 258 986 507) ..for the Renault-cars

and even with *Magneti-Marelli* parts (460000282010) , (460000156010), (460000189010), (460000167010); *Hella/Bosch* (6PA 009 166-261), (6PA 009 165-521)

All ranged from around 80 Euros up to around 170Euros . Main difference is in positioning to the engine [cable length, diagnostic/engine regulate function]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

the INTERNET & local-partsdealer sources offer sensors ranged from 55 Euros up to 100Euros for the mentioned LADA 110/Samara & Renault Laguna/Safrane engine references. important point is: most offers have the wrong (female) pins on the sensor cable. This means some work to re-modify the old connector ....but at least one shows an equal 4-pin connector face (compared with the Lotus-OEM fitted *AC-Delco AFS79* sensor of my car..) .

Surprisingly it is one of the cheaper [LADA110, 82Euros *www*] ....compare that with a known German Lotus garage ,who has an asking prize of around 130Euros whistle.gif

*sidenote: the Bosch 'male pin' connector version is 0 258 006 537 .. this should match the AC-Delco AFS79 connector and equal Marelli, Beru, Hella, NGK-numbers

Edited by Günter

• Gold FFM

*plug & play* ..or 'Huston we have a signal'

picture name 'testfit' (note the old , rotten sensor placed in RH-rear position before..)

and 'idling signal' (**11 [in red] is 1 bank, 1 sensor ; **21 [gray] is 2 bank, 1 sensor)

#car-differences: 380ccm main-injectors, E85 fuel

##notable constructive difference on the Lamda-probe: no slots on the side, only small holes on the end -but as it is only a cover every one could use a small grinder, and add slots on the sides... if someone really think that it matters. :thumbup:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

Does anyone have a cross ref for the brake master cylinder and servo, or even the manufacturers name and any stamped numbers etc.

Cheers Mike

• 2 months later...
Guest modifiedv8engines

Hi Trevor ..............a bit late but my sources advise a Volvo 240 2.3 litre 1989 - 1992 approx uses the same IAT valve

Apparently these are made by Delco, Bosch and there are someinexpensive pattern parts on the internet

Paul

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Trevor, can agree on what Paul sais: the IAC-valve is a ordinary *Bosch*-type on mine ..the numbers can be comparred in the internet worldwide i think.

As for the *starter* question -the aluminium body does have an Mitsubishi *diamond* badge into the cast-alloy part in front. So I gues it is something that is partly (at least) used in one of those cars too ?.. all in all the starter is nearly fully dismantable, so everyone can add new brushes (solder them on, like it was done on my starter) and inspect the planetary gearing in the front end.. .

Edited by Günter

• 2 years later...
  • Gold FFM

for Opel engines, (fit into several european GM group engines of the mid 1990)    ..think it was the 32mm diameter version ..

..on my engine rebuild I used some 'cheapish' looking ones   -offered as refabrication from *Ajusa* [made in Spain]  available in Ebay for around 7€ to 11€ per item

...originals are with shiny plated surface and German engineered (INA SKF)  and cost notable more money over here in Germany -if you buy from a Opel dealer (around 35€ per item)

example for illustration purpose 

$(KGrHqV,!pME7Bcvh31-BO52bp2Z7g~~60_35.J

• Gold FFM

Dave ..in order to your question in the PN: 

in the past a guy from the German lotus group, who is a Opel fan as well, he told me that I have to look out for those Opel ones.

..and if you compare it, the lifters need to be the Opel/GM type that is 32mm in diameter and 26mm hight -with the inside just as your original *INA* ones

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/16-X-HYDROSTOssEL-OPEL-C20XE-C20LET-C18XE-C18XEL-GSI-TURBO-4-X-4-INA-/00/s/NTI3WDUyNw==/$(KGrHqV,!qEE9d8f!!V,BPlprG)4(w~~60_35.JPG$(KGrHqV,!qEE9d8f!!V,BPlprG)4(w~~60_35.J

-there are some refabrications available in the autoparts stores/ebay market ..from various 'free manufacturers'

• 5 months later...