Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
JLR on shutdown - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

JLR on shutdown

5 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

:secret:Oi Bazza - not everyone who lives in Scotland is Scottish. ;)

True. But thank god I get a vote in Indyref2 and the Scots in England don't (that includes my mum who is a Scot in Englander)  By jove does that wind them up but then rather than being there by an accident of birth I chose to live there, contribute to the society and coffers and generally make the place look pretty.

Never understood why people who chose to leave think they shoukd have a  vote on what happens to the people who  actually live there.

How's that @auRouge for argumentative lol 🏸

4 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

But I understand that come independence, they are going to kick ‘em all oot

They'd like to but we contribute too much cash for them to do it. However everyone like me I know is already  making plans to leave if it happens so feck only knoes what that does to the public coffers!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

So let me be this straight.

the Scots want independence from the UK - but want to signup to be tied to the EU.

couldnt make that bulls££t up 

Only here once

Lol. Guess this should be another thread te Indyref.

JLR will I am sure be back to normal working patterns in the new year if not before.

There is a lot of uncertainty around right now with Brexit - though it does look like the EU have realised no deal is bad for them too and the predicted last minute shuffle is on - and Trump with his trade wars with Chine etc.

I do believe this coupled with a general slow down in car sales has created a glut of over priced mid-upper sector vehicles, hence the need to slow down general building.

What I am not sure about is wether this is a short term hiccup or a longer term trend. Younger people in the UK, living in the cities are not buying as many cars too, they are not as wedded to the car as us older people.

In short a whole lot of shit going on, but is it a temporary shift or the new norm?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Has JLR got all their models (and variants) through WLTP yet? That is what is hurting most manufacturers right now, they can't sell anything because the cars haven't been certified yet.

For example, you can't order any new Porsche model right now.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Ah, WLTP, one of the EU's finest hours. Lovely. Nice one.  You could well be spot on there Thomas but of course companies like JLR will not want to speak the truth when they can use BREXIT to influence a political point to their advantage.

• Like 2

The small print.

Meanwhile, just a few weeks ago some “interesting” reading and insights
http://europe.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA116643812.PDF

Well I read all of that and my summary is. (although it helps if you know what the problems are with some of their models to fully understand”

“We lost a lot of money this year , but we can hide the true figures.
We don’t care about customers real perceptions of our vehicles or the unreliability and poor quality, well just do more marketing to make our product sound fabulous.
Customer retention doesn’t feature much in our efforts and as yet we have no director of customer services.”

it’s nice to see they just appear to be blundering on with more new products and not sorting existing major issues.

Then, more doom and gloom for JLR from Which!
Which car brand is the least reliable? Looking for a car brand you can really rely on? Our survey would suggest avoiding Land Rover, the only manufacturer to score a meagre two stars out of five for reliability for cars aged 0-3 years.

This worryingly low rating comes after nearly half (47%) of all owners of new models in our survey had to take their car to the garage to be repaired in the 12 months before our survey. This is a shocking statistic for cars that are so new.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/10/is ... erm=fbnews

@PaulCP you surely missed the *smallprint

*it's all because of brexit really!

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

:secret:Oi Bazza - not everyone who lives in Scotland is Scottish. ;)

Yes, but they should be.   :censored:

39 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

Yes, but they should be.   :censored:

Well that attitude would bugger the tens of thousands of Scots who thought it was so good they moved to little Englander and those who work elsewhere!  Plus very quickly the gene pool would degenerate even worse too! 🤩

The small print.

• Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Well that attitude would bugger the tens of thousands of Scots who thought it was so good they moved to little Englander and those who work elsewhere!  Plus very quickly the gene pool would degenerate even worse too! 🤩

I had a bet on with the Mrs that you would be first to comment Andy.  For me it was a no brainer. Thank's or the free dinner out tonight. Hehehe

• Haha 1

Lol. Have a beer for me on her!

• Like 1

The small print.