Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus M100 on Wheeler Dealer - M100 Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus M100 on Wheeler Dealer

Steve A

Watched it last night, very good but didn't know about the "factory bashed" exhaust what's that all about? :shock:

Cheers,

John W

• 3 months later...

Thanks. I'll set up the DVR.

I quite liked the old Wheeler Dealers with Ed China.  I liked how he went through the steps of how to do the fix he was doing and finished it before moving on to the next thing.  Mike B was hopeless at selling cars for his target price though.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Also Mike B never added labour costs !   So Ed Chinas hourly rate was never deducted from the total cost,  also they used to fit new brakes etc without adding the cost quite a lot of the time.  

Have seen a few of the new ones and the new chaps pretty decent,  Did prefer Ed China though,  Just gutted he never got to get behind the wheel of the Esprit that he did years ago on WD. 

A

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:33, jonwat said:

Watched it last night, very good but didn't know about the "factory bashed" exhaust what's that all about? 

Yes, what was that about? Sounded like a poorly researched, cheap shot at Lotus quality. I don't think Edd China would have made such a comment. As if Lotus would just damage an exhaust from new 'cos it did not fit properly. Total rubbish in my view, unless someone can correct me. And this under GM ownership, so money was not such an issue when Elan M100 was first in production.

Justin

2 hours ago, clivef38 said:

There was no mention of where the original wheels came from.

I thought the guy he bought the car from still had the old ones in his garage. :ermm:

Cheers,

John W

The guy did say he would throw in the original wheels for the agreed sale price.

The flattened exhaust did not seem factory spec to me but I'm sure someone on here knows if it were or not.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

The exhaust is pre-shaped like that as standard due to clearance issues, don't panic. It's slightly oval just past the downpipe for about a foot  - all perfectly normal although obviously there's no "bashing" going on during its manufacture.  You can just make out the contour in the parts diagram.

81799267_ElanM100exhaustdiag.jpg.50fbebc1c802fa5be3006119f272dc80.jpg

• Like 1