Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drag Race: Exige 350 failed against Alfa 4C - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Drag Race: Exige 350 failed against Alfa 4C

Wilbert Camshaft

The video itself looks a bit targeted at the spotty teenagers (so we should not care at all). :stuart: No timing, no adequate comparison, not even any adequate driver ("babes"??? eh?). Sport 350 with decent driver will make it to around 12.0s 0-402m, which is a rather totally unachievable performance for Alfa 4C. :zorro:

From the v6 owners group on fb:

As the driver of the 350 sport in that Drag race there are a few factors to bear in mind. It was my first ever drag race and yes I missed a gear on the second run so completely fluffed that one and probably was short shifting although i did hit rev limiter. The 4C driven by the host who is obviously familiar with the format etc has a paddle shift and is 200kg lighter. The M2 was driven by the tame racing driver there for the day. I didn’t use race mode or launch control (not recommended by Lotus apparently even if I knew how to do it!) neither did i do any drifting to warm up the tyres as a pretty well brand new car (I’ve had it since early Sept) I wasn’t keen to ruin a set of tyres just for a few seconds fun. I do feel I didn’t do the car justice and with some tuition could improve but there is a fundamental weakness with the manual shift even though it is better than my previous S2 Exiges were.

• Like 2

Well done for being honest not sure why everybody gets so upset about even the slightest negative situation about Lotus.

I'll be driveing a 911T at the weekend and its supposed to be lightweight and is infact only 5 kg lighter than a carrera but hay I bet it will still be a nice drive and the price 85k with 1200 miles on the clock 7 speed manual and the carbon seats.

And I will love every minuit in it but I've got my Exige S2 and yes its got some drawbacks but I love that as well.

Will I buy a Porsche/might I've been lucky enough to drive  a few and would like to have a go in a 4C have also driven the new M2 but its all good and to be honest the only people who loose out are the ones that keep getting fired up about this kind of video 

Hope you had a bit of fun that day whatever the end result 

Let me ask you this question

If....IF!.... the 4c was genuinely faster (Which it's not) would you choose the 1.7, 4 cyl block over the sound and feel of that great lump of a supercharged v6??

I would bet my right arm that for most owners that v6 engine was a key purchase factor.

13 minutes ago, Dan.G said:

for most owners that v6 engine was a key purchase factor

To be honest I'd rather prefer a light turbocharged I4 (probably somewhere between 1.9 and 2.5 would do) - less weight, more power achievable, less space needed

2 minutes ago, vd9 said:

To be honest I'd rather prefer a light turbocharged I4 (probably somewhere between 1.9 and 2.5 would do) - less weight, more power achievable, less space needed

We shall agree to disagree Sir. I am a sucker for a V block

I've driven a couple of Alfa 4C's. On the road, I found it very eventful, but too much so. You'd have to take it to Alfaworks for a geometry adjustment to make it a true proposition in the UK, or it tramlines everywhere you go, and really badly too.

I took a 4C up a runway and then turned in at around 100mph at the top of it, so hardly a great test, but I didn't get any buzz from it at all. I guess there must be some greatness to the car, but at the same time, I doubt it could beat the Lotus in terms of feel. I felt like the steering wasn't all that talkative and everything was just a little bit "softer" to a degree.

I dont beleive this drag race result at all

It's the slowest car out of the 3 but somehow wins by multiple car lengths. 

My bet is he's just a disgruntled 4c owner out to prove a point. It's his own 4C he quite obviously is doing it to make it look as if his car is much faster than it actually is.

1 - Exige Driver is severely delayed off the mark BOTH times.

2 - once the exige driver is off the alfa pulls away considerably up to 100. When in fact the exige is quoted as .8 second quicker.... just seems all a bit suss to me....

Someone now needs to make a video righting this wrong! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Video was made by one of them instagram car celebrities which then think they are chris harris due to having a few thousand 13 year olds liking their pictures. It is the most biased video i've ever seen. The fastest out of the bunch is definitely the m2 competition, a friend of mine has a m2 competition and that car is significantly faster than a e92 m3, probably even edges on a f80 m3. My exige s roadster is the same speed as a stock f80 m3, and also pulls a car length gear after gear on my relatives e92 m3 competition pack.

That video should be banned lol

Even with the excuses I'd have expected the Exige to be winning that race however in other races of this type the gear changes with a paddle shift are shown to make a huge difference over manual and so this is probably just representative of that