Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GARW dash for the Evora? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

GARW dash for the Evora?

23 hours ago, trcm said:

I wish @garw would make an Evora dash replacement as nice as the Elise/Exige ones. 

This has been developed already on the electronics and software side , the sticking point is the mechanical fitting .

A suitable screen size is 12.3 wide , but this would be too large at the corners , 

Take a look at the electric evora with Tesla drive , he had a 12.3 in there and holes were needed for the corner of the screen . 

I don't want to hijack the thread , so if someone wants to discuss this further I suggest starting a new thread .

..... back to this thread , it is possible to correct the mileage in an original evora instrument cluster , I have one for bench testing  all the canbus codes . And correcting the mileage is part of the instrument clusters canbus messages 

So if someone buys a used cluster the mileage stored in it can be corrected to your cars mileage . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could you not just keep the two side screens within the existing housing and replace the centre instruments with one screen,  or use one central one and two smaller ones. That way you could keep the original look but adapt it to individual preference? 

Yes, a 3 screen approach was investigated and it is possible to fit into the mechanical outline of the original.

Cost was the issue here , 

2 extra screens and an extra processor to drive the additional screens .

below you can see the bulge where the corner of the 12.3 was covered over ,  there are videos and pictures of it before the retrim 

225DF1B1-8F2F-4396-A333-D6C0593A3B83.jpeg

It's a good looking mod this one but I'm not sure it gels with the rest of the car though - if something can be done with the media unit so suit then it would appeal more

54 minutes ago, 21gg said:

So would one central screen be possible to replace the clocks while retaining the side screens? 

Yes possible , to make a product to replace the existing cluster it would involve reworking an original cluster ,

and to do that an exchange system will  be needed to get hold of the necessary Evora Clusters ,

but a lot of Evora owners would want to keep the original to revert back later if they sell the car or change their mind

Bruss there is a chap in the states who advertises on eBay new printed legends for standard clusters.

It would be nice to have an electronic centre, which can show reversing camera, sat nav,  start up graphic etc but also mimic the standard dials

I also have a spare instrument cluster, kph though.

41 minutes ago, 21gg said:

Bruss there is a chap in the states who advertises on eBay new printed legends for standard clusters.

It would be nice to have an electronic centre, which can show reversing camera, sat nav,  start up graphic etc but also mimic the standard dials

I also have a spare instrument cluster, kph though.

I did see those but was concerned at both how good they line up and also my capability .  😁

Just as an aside, I was an early buyer of @garw's 8" screen for the VX220. It's really well made for what it's worth and is a substantial piece of kit, very nice. So, if anything is produced for the Evora I'd have high hopes for it indeed :)

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

No response to “contact us” feature of their website, when enquiring of availability of Exige screens  :(

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Bump..... me too @garw

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)