Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 6 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

pete

1 hour ago, Mark030358 said:

For a 430, are you sure? if so that's bombed massively in the last 12 weeks... :(

Yes - so long as you don’t do the 50/50 finance & no p/x you can haggle them to £90k. 

Still too much money mind you. 

51 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

no, an unregistered dealer one would be £95k otr and if you spec your own its £100-105k depending on options but if you go to lotus exclusive that rises quickly.

Dealers can't buy in any more 430s, only 410/350s, so once the few left go then you'd have to order from the factory. 

£95k otr is a fair price compared to what we have here in France (at least according to the last unregistered ones still for sale).
What is the CO2 tax for a Cup 430 in the UK ?

Edited by Martrack

10 minutes ago, C1RVY said:

Yes - so long as you don’t do the 50/50 finance & no p/x you can haggle them to £90k. 

Still too much money mind you. 

This is correct. With the right dealer you will get one for 90k, with OTR costs on top.

I do not think there is any money in it for the dealer or brand so caution is advised.. as you may end up with no dealer to go to. Im not sure all dealerships have the ability to do it and it may be based on their relationship with Lotus.

45 minutes ago, Dan.G said:

This is correct. With the right dealer you will get one for 90k, with OTR costs on top.

I do not think there is any money in it for the dealer or brand so caution is advised.. as you may end up with no dealer to go to. Im not sure all dealerships have the ability to do it and it may be based on their relationship with Lotus.

Can you tell me the “right” dealer please? And can you spec as you want ? That could be a circa 10k saving 🙂 which would be bril

• 4 weeks later...

Noting the topic, hope I’m posting in the right place. 🤔

I’m very reluctantly looking to sell my exige 410 sport.

Edited by Bravo73
See my post below

It's worth about £25K and you're in luck, I happen to be looking for exactly that type of car, cash ready!!!!!!

:) But on a more realistic note, what age is it, are you the first owner?

Edited by duncx

1st owner, garaged all the time, picked up late Dec 18, you can have the charger for £25k, pay the full price and I’ll throw in the car too 😂

Edited by Bravo73

:lol: Thanks, but I already have a charger :lol:

The market is completely weird at the moment so your question is really difficult. There's a lovely green 410 been for sale for 2-3 months from a dealer,  similar miles, 2019, £66K (previous owner is on here). TBH I thought that one would be gone in a flash but it's still there :( It really depends on how quick you want to shift it but if you want to stand out I guess it needs to be a couple of £K cheaper than that for a private sale.

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, edwatters said:

Noting the topic, hope I’m posting in the right place. 🤔

Unfortunately, you haven’t posted it in the right section really. These threads aren’t intended for TLFers to flog their own cars. 

There is a dedicated site, just for that. And it’s free: https://www.lotusforsale.com

And you get your own thread back here anyway: https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/350-lotusforsalecom-latest-ads/

Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 1

Thanks, just wanted to get an idea of price on here before I put my advert together for the site you mention above 👍🏼

PS Orders from ‘da Boss’: 

Edited by Bravo73
Added ‘don’t quote’ link

11 hours ago, duncx said:

:lol: Thanks, but I already have a charger :lol:

The market is completely weird at the moment so your question is really difficult. There's a lovely green 410 been for sale for 2-3 months from a dealer,  similar miles, 2019, £66K (previous owner is on here). TBH I thought that one would be gone in a flash but it's still there :( It really depends on how quick you want to shift it but if you want to stand out I guess it needs to be a couple of £K cheaper than that for a private sale.

Which green and where?  There is a Military Green 410 like mine at Hendy for £68,500 which was the inspiration for my car when i drove it at round the Hethel track.

@edwatters Unfortunately, too many before you have tried to use ‘what is my car worth’ threads as stealth sales posts.

Excuse the egg sucking lesson, but to try and work out the current value of your car, do what duncx has done. Have a google to see what other similar cars are currently for sale at. Then look through places like this thread or completed sales on eBay or Pistonheads to see what historic asking prices have been. Maybe try calling a few dealers to see what they would be willing to pay for your car. Then price your car accordingly. The private sale price should be less than the ‘retail’ value but more than the ‘trade-in’ value. If you want a quick sale, price it at less than the trade value. 

13 hours ago, edwatters said:

1st owner, garaged all the time, picked up late Dec 18, you can have the charger for £25k, pay the full price and I’ll throw in the car too 😂

What colour is it? I am also looking for a 410. 

I am going to look at the military grey and the green car in the next few weeks once the dealers open, whilst the military grey is an awesome colour I can't help think it is way overpriced considering its history and the used and abused appearance on the pictures.

I am fairly sure the green car has gone up a grand in the last few weeks unless its my imagination but it looks immaculate.

- kev

The 69 reg olive green 410 that was for sale at McLaren Hatfield in early March was offered to me at 62K. The private sale of my Caterham fell through, someone else got a bargain. I don’t know whether this price was a one off or will become the new benchmark, but if a car is priced sensibly it will sell. If not it will sit around for ever like most of the cars on PistonHeads and Autotrader.

4 hours ago, Jcx said:

Which green and where?  There is a Military Green 410 like mine at Hendy for £68,500 which was the inspiration for my car when i drove it at round the Hethel track.

Here (assume a link is ok?)...

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-3-5-v6-410-sport-2dr/10467934 

Started at £67K a couple of months ago, dropped a grand a couple of weeks ago, looks fab to me :) I wish someone would buy it because I keep feeling very tempted :lol:

EDIT: @HXT ; £62K for the olive green one was a very good price, it's the sort of figure that would REALLY tempt me back into V6 ownership in the form of a 410. Can't be many bargains like that about though :(

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1

In hindsight I should have just bought it and worried about selling my Caterham later. If I can find a decent deal on a 350 I'd be able to keep the Caterham, so best of both worlds.

To be fair to Sytner they had two 410's for sale at sensible prices earlier in the year, which sold quickly.

Edited by Bravo73

3 hours ago, tactical lizard said:

What colour is it? I am also looking for a 410. 

I am going to look at the military grey and the green car in the next few weeks once the dealers open, whilst the military grey is an awesome colour I can't help think it is way overpriced considering its history and the used and abused appearance on the pictures.

I am fairly sure the green car has gone up a grand in the last few weeks unless its my imagination but it looks immaculate.

- kev

Kev, just listed it in Lotus for sale.  Come back to me if you have more questions. Ed

I've never really been into silver, but I agree, looks fantastic.......far nicer than olive green.......

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1