Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 9 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

pete

Sytner have said its a 2bular, looks like the valved varient. I've got a test drive on it tomorrow, anything i should look out for other than the obvious? i've heard noisy clutches / runners are the most common problems on the v6? if it's a bad one i won't be going for it.

If that is MX64 CZY then that was my old car, I bought it from new from Oakmere. I chopped it in (at Oakmere) for my 380 in June 2017. It was MINT and with a full service history. It literally went straight into the showroom and sold within weeks. It did not have all those transfers all over it. There are pictures of it on here somewhere...

fullsizeoutput_680.jpeg

?page=10&title=My%20Attachments%20-%20Th

cheers

mark

IMG_3659.JPG.4ff383e3b883e788725cb678e0a94f34.jfif IMG_3659.JPG.4ff383e3b883e788725cb678e0a94f34.jfif

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcome, guys. 
Anything obvious to look out for, getting used to the car on my first few drives before taking it on track which is why I bought it?

The car is replacing a Caterham 620R which I’ve had for a couple of years. 

1 hour ago, AndrewD said:

Anything obvious to look out for, getting used to the car on my first few drives before taking it on track which is why I bought it?

Plenty of information with a few Cup 430 threads Andrew.

Perhaps most importantly if you are going to track it is the noise. Little change of passing a static UK test so you really have the choice of changing exhaust or only going on driveby tracks.

How did you find Collecting Cars to deal with ?

8 hours ago, Tex said:

Plenty of information with a few Cup 430 threads Andrew.

Perhaps most importantly if you are going to track it is the noise. Little change of passing a static UK test so you really have the choice of changing exhaust or only going on driveby tracks.

How did you find Collecting Cars to deal with ?

Thanks!

GFW has pointed me to the Lotus quiet exhaust on seriously Lotus. 

I’ve sold two cars and bought two on Collecting Cars. So far a very straightforward and professional experience. Probably I will list my 620R with them. 

Congrats Andrew, what a beautiful car! I even had my Lotus dealer in the Netherlands see if it would make sense to buy it for me here but with all add on taxes & duties too far out... To me personally, one of the nicest looking Exiges out there. 

If you want to get rid of it, just send me a PM 🤣

Edited by PJ
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AndrewD said:

Congratulations @AndrewD for the purchase. I am sure you will love it. I have one little sister MY2020.😁😁

20200803_175004.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AndrewD said:

I bought this car last night - very excited! Will be my first Lotus 😁

Welcome aboard sir 😀

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Indeed it appears to be the 380... A 410 doesn't come up that much here which is why it caught my attention initially. Taxes and duties on cars are insanely high in the Netherlands unfortunately..