Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
No Duxford Spring Car Show in 2019 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

No Duxford Spring Car Show in 2019

martynv

Hi All,

For those waiting for an announcement regarding the Duxford Spring Car Show I found the following information:

https://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford_car-and-motorbike-club-visits

If you scroll down to the bottom you'll note IWM Duxford will not be hosting the Spring or Summer Car Show in 2019.

This is a great shame as it went really well last year and it was hoped to go even bigger this year. It was unfortunate that certain Car Clubs decided to not turn up last year due to the entry problems of 2017, still that's their choice but ultimately they've shot both themselves and every one else in the foot.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported this event over the years it is much appreciated and I will look round this year for another early year event to organise next year as I suspect it's unlikely we will see a return of the Duxford Car Shows.

Martyn.

• Sad 1

Martyn

Disappointing news. I only went to one (last year) but really enjoyed it. Many thanks for doing all the organising of this event over the years. A thankless task but one that you stuck too despite the many brickbats. Well done mate.  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

to be fair to the the clubs that didnt turn up last year , the organisation and the entry queuing was  pretty shameful the year before... some people were queing for over 2 hours just because of incompetent parking / entry management by duxford , that does not make it a fun day out.. shame as it was a great show and venue..

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in still doing something instead maybe we can get a bunch of people together for a bit of a drive and / or a park up. I have a good location in Waterbeach (not too far from Duxford) where we can get breakfast / lunch? 

@esprit22 this is what I did last year at the same location: https://www.torqueandtalk.com/torque-talk-gallery-28th-april-2018/ 

Location is just outside of Cambridge place called Soda bar at a business park at Waterbeach. If we have enough interest we can go for a date and i'll get it arranged! 

23 hours ago, charliejd85 said:

If anyone is interested in still doing something instead maybe we can get a bunch of people together for a bit of a drive and / or a park up. I have a good location in Waterbeach (not too far from Duxford) where we can get breakfast / lunch? 

I’d be up for that.  Maybe we could do a little run first?