Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Can you watch f1 free? - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Can you watch f1 free?

LotusFella

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes highlights on C4. But new restrictions, which limits the track action to <50% of the show time. No grid talk. No post race pool interviews. Show to start not less than 3 hours after chequered flag I think. There was about 20 minutes of qualifying action only today. Race tomorrow from 2pm. Ok to record and forward fast only.

43 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Yes highlights on C4. But new restrictions, which limits the track action to <50% of the show time. No grid talk. No post race pool interviews. Show to start not less than 3 hours after chequered flag I think. There was about 20 minutes of qualifying action only today. Race tomorrow from 2pm. Ok to record and forward fast only.

I watched qually on C4 today at 1200. Got to see it all and enjoyed it. But then I always used to fast forward through the BS anyway lol.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well that was BAF :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Maybe I'm just old but I would fall asleep when watching the whole race so dont mind being limited to highlights. Actually fell asleep during the highlights today though :)

4 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Just for reference, the actual C4 race coverage (exc. commercials) was 45 minutes from a 116 minute race. So in total C4 viewers got 20 minutes of qualifying and 45 minutes of race footage. That's barely a power-nap!

Impressed you bothered to check!

Margate Exotics.

The benefit of the watching highlights is that you only get a little bit bored. If you watch the whole race live, you’ll fall into a deep coma!

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• 1 month later...

You'd think that F1 would learn from MotoGP's mistakes... when they changed fromthe 500-cc, 2-stroke engines to the 1,000-cc, 4-cycle engines, I just quit watching. It was no longer exciting to watch. Riding those 2-strokes on the edge was like grabbing a tiger by the tail. It looked like the riders were on the edge. It was so interesting to watch the 3-liter V8's v V10's v V12's and then they all settled down to 19,000-RPM V10's, (even Ferrari, they were the last to accept that V10 was a better configuration than their beloved V12s) that was a scream to watch. Even the turbo era was OK. But then they started going the way of MotoGP and forced everybody to x,000-RPM, 3.5-liter V8s and now these "power units"... Even though these power units are much more technologically advanced than the 3-liter, 20,000-RPM V10s, they are not as exciting to watch... ugh! Like in the 500-cc, 2-stroke era of MotoGP, the 3-liter V10s era looked like they were on the edge and it was fun to watch.

Have any of you watched the Australian V8 Supercars? They regularly get up on two wheels! That is the most fun to watch on TV. But the only other place where you can watch "unlimited" cars are Hill Climbs... but not televised and not wheel-to-wheel combat.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:31, Colin P said:

Used to watch every race live, but I gave up on it years ago (back in the "Oh, quelle surprise, Schumacher won and if he didn't they changed the rules so he did" days). BTCC all the way :thumbsup:

I gave up on the BTCC when it became the British Safety Car Championship. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...