Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eltech front access fitted yesterday... - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Eltech front access fitted yesterday...

Hey Christian , amazing car and project , I ve seen you were based close to Munich , I hope we could meet one day , 

I am feeling even more close to you and your projekt as I am living in Munich and wanted to go the same way as you , modding an exige 350 to make a beast out of it , but at the end I decided to get a new 410 😁 

I like the eltech stuff, but to say that it takes 3-4 weeks to get delivered .... that is in the very lucky unusual situation right ? ... Did you weight the 2 panels to know the weight gain ? 

3 hours ago, chumaxa said:

I like the eltech stuff, but to say that it takes 3-4 weeks to get delivered .... that is in the very lucky unusual situation right ? ... Did you weight the 2 panels to know the weight gain ? 

Didn't weight the 2 panels but the carbon one is very light......

• 2 months later...
On 08/05/2019 at 21:38, dixie v6 said:

Didn't weight the 2 panels but the carbon one is very light......

Hi dixie v6,

I received my panel but in my case I think it doesnt fit. Can you maybe take some pictures of the two front pins? How they fit into the two holes in the front clam?

I think the two bulges are too wide or so..

Edited by Christian H

2 hours ago, dixie v6 said:

I already forgot , made the hole a little bit larger with a file to make it fit...

entech acces.jpg

Hmm thank you.. I already thought so. Did you remember how the original panel looked like? Was it the same? 

Do you have pictures of how the pins are mounted to the new panel? 

Edited by Christian H

When I only have to file 2mm off it's perfect to me,It's a lotus,it will fit to some and some will have to file , took me 2 minutes and what's most important, the quality of the acces is perfect....

• Like 1

We should all be grateful to Dixie: if he didn't shelf out *a lot* of money to buy the OEM part and send it to Matteo for him to make the mould for it to produce the carbon pieces, we would all be stuck with the WinAce parts... Like I do 😝😝😝😝.  Which by the way doesn't need filing holes... (but doesn't fit as good as the Eltech part!!!) 

😜🙄

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread. Signed up for this. Exactly what I want to do. But I want the cup 380 looks with the ‘comfort’ of carpets and a radio. 

Quick question. As unpopular as it seems here I like the single rear light look. I presume that would be a rear clam job to replicate? Also have you thought about the front arch vents?

Well done though, looks great. 

1 hour ago, ItsMark said:

Great thread. Signed up for this. Exactly what I want to do. But I want the cup 380 looks with the ‘comfort’ of carpets and a radio. 

Quick question. As unpopular as it seems here I like the single rear light look. I presume that would be a rear clam job to replicate? Also have you thought about the front arch vents?

Well done though, looks great. 

Wouldn’t it just be easier and perhaps cheaper to buy a 380?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ItsMark said:

Easier, yes. Cheaper, unfortunately not. 

If you’re going down the route of replacing rear clams etc then the cost will get pretty scary. 

The 380 is the best looking Exige in my opinion. I have added some subtle mods to mine based on the 380 that have improved the looks. I like the front access panel and other details , but the gap between the 350 and 380 isn’t that huge and something I may consider in the future. 

A used 380 has held about a £10-15k premium over the 350 for a while (talking similar ages etc, not new 350)

If you manage to find a used clam set you're already looking at £5k, now they may need minor repairs and most likey a respray. Now you're up to probs £8k.

Yes you might be able to sell off the old clams, but I wouldn't bank on it. 

Be easier to just trade in and finance the gap. 

• Like 1