Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Elise - The Car Years - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Elise - The Car Years

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

That’s Top Gear and The Car Years now Bazza. Becoming the go/to guy. 😁

Looking forward to it.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Did she honestly drive your Elise in those ridiculously stupid shoes Bazza?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

She had them on when she got in and out but I don't know if she took them off to do the driving.

She absolutely raved about how great the car was to drive.

Still think the Porker win was ridiculous.  

• Like 2

there was a clip of her driving....and you could see the shoes......

so I think yes she did wear them to drive it........

and yes I was amazed at an ex F1 driver going for the porker..........

I hadnt got a clue about the other two journo's...........

you might aswell have had Steve Wright and Margaret Rutherford

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

You can get a boxtser for 2000, good luck finding an Elise for 10k. The boxster was a more expensive car when new. The market has spoken.

Not really, we are talking pre 2000 cars here and if we look at how many Boxster in the U.K. pre 2000 vs Elise (ie the market where those prices are seen), the numbers are not that far. probably about 6000 Elise vs 10000 boxster including the S and auto. That should not make enough of a difference to make much impact.

The Elise has always depreciated less and it is still hard to say the boxster is a collectible. It is mostly down to the fact that nobody buys a boxster because they want it, they buy it because they can’t  afford a 911. (Although i personally like the Cayman better)

Edited by PAR
  • Like 1

Well said it’s never been down to numbers drive one back to back and that’s  where the lotus wins hands down and will always demand a big premium over the coxster, sorry boxster.

Funnily enough the Porker had mechanical failure the day it was filmed. I said to the presenter (Alex?) that it was "typical Porsche unreliability"