Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Air Intake System - Page 8 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Air Intake System

On 13/12/2019 at 15:25, alias23 said:

Got some extra colours of the rainbow made up for the intake hose kits :)

477174561_alias23siliconehoserainbowweb.jpg.a108ab4a0e713212448ea457d59f7ba8.jpg

Have you got any of the blacks left?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alias23 said:

Done :thumbup: Will probably grab a splitter after Christmas, just planning out the winter changes!

8 hours ago, MrP_ said:

Done :thumbup: Will probably grab a splitter after Christmas, just planning out the winter changes!

Thanks buddy :) I'll try and get yours shipped Thursday when im back from my work work lol

Splitters just finished a few track and street ones after two days of spraying to get a smooth finish! 

1697999568_splittersalias23sprayed.jpg.771d639fefaa7c73b7b32ab0d70dde2e.jpg

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

7 hours ago, PJ said:

You have a picture with the colored hose installed?

Need more install pictures to be honest but a few below... one of which the owner has a catch can so an additional bung needed..

335322106_hosealias23.jpg.7f5d85457ef7f297a35cb8cc8f24a198.jpg

189768624_hosealias232.jpg.ae77d46e3f7d68f22963b67cc8aa135c.jpg

and a pic of mine installed, I really wanted a colour but couldn't make my mind up on what best would work with white!

339467272_alias23siliconehosewebfittedblack.jpg.c45bfedd7cc109e028152bd9df68a3c9.jpg

2 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

As promised, ordered. Christmas bonus came in so be rude not to!!

Thanks Mike really appreciated - Just need to get to the numbers on the current pre orders and we'll start production in the New Year :)

www.alias23.com

8 hours ago, alias23 said:

Thanks buddy :) I'll try and get yours shipped Thursday when im back from my work work lol

Splitters just finished a few track and street ones after two days of spraying to get a smooth finish! 

1697999568_splittersalias23sprayed.jpg.771d639fefaa7c73b7b32ab0d70dde2e.jpg

Cracking, cheers :thumbup:

15 hours ago, alias23 said:

@MrP_ Thanks Paul for sharing... really does set the complete install off nicely with the silicone hose. Can I ask what product you use as it looks nice and glossy!

Carpro Perl, mixed 1:1, you can buff it off quicker for more matte finish, or layer it if you want to go proper shiny.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2019 at 18:59, MrP_ said:

All arrived and fitted. Nice product :thumbup:

Some fitted pics for those that want to see, taking a photo of a black pipe in a dark engine bay is not the most exciting though, especially with the ugly washer bottle neck so close!

iZhQ29K.jpg

F19Stto.jpg

44Gi9R9.jpg

Proper OCD... even puts my Mrs to shame.

Credir to you mate, looks great 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted my kit over Christmas and was able to finally take the car out this afternoon. I didn’t need to remove the wheel arch, which was a benefit. Followed the bedding in instructions to the letter, by allowing the car to idle for some 20 minutes when fitted. 

Took the the car out today and gradually increased revs during the course of the test. Did some 40 miles of mixed driving and the throttle response is certainly better. I’m not a lover of supercharger whine, although coming from a Honda S1, the additional noise provides a more visceral experience. 

The roads were were very slippery, but running with everything off, the car revs a lot more eagerly, and I did manage to give it 90% throttle in 3rd and it felt significantly more rapid than before. Whilst throttle blips still aren’t the best, there’s a definite and welcomed improvement, complimented by some more noise, which makes it more of an event.

Looking forward to giving it full throttle in the dry😀

• Like 2

On 25/11/2019 at 19:58, Bravo73 said:

Lots. 

There is no straight route from the inlet to the throttle body on an Evora. 

5119907B-8409-44E2-A864-46826261BB4A_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.fbf0bc3104e2932823560b5aad8765cd.jpegExcuse the blurry photo, but it doesn't look like there's much in the way from the inlet ducting to the throttle body on the Evora S.

Imran’s system uses a straight, aluminium tube with the filter as close to the inlet as possible.  That bar gets in the way of a straight tube. 

(We looked in the back of my Evora to confirm it. I have a similar filter/airbox to the one you posted above). 

Thanks @Bravo73 and @alias23, sorry for hijacking this thread, it just seemed there would be so much space if the stock air box was removed.

But I accept your wisdom here, if you say it can’t be done then fair enough, what a shame for all the Evora owners though :)

41A08151-02A5-47AD-9F40-B0C28BD43318.jpeg

48 minutes ago, alias23 said:

@Bibs that looks pretty cool! 

It looks good close up and sounds great too. The amount of space it frees up is pretty amazing too.

Think you and @Bibs need to get dirty together in the garage, then you could add your excellent build quality to expand into Evora bits!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Don't forget, that's an NA Evora.

Yup. The original and bestest :sofa:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!