Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S2 - Restomod - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S2 - Restomod

The car has been lowered.  Of course (it sits pretty high by default), but only by 10mm or so.  Makes a difference without looking like it's just come off Pimp My Ride.  Hmm, that electric PAS that switches off at speed sounds like just the job.  I shall bear that in mind, thanks.

Sudders and Dany

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The larger picture you posted in the workshop looks awesome,    paintwork looks stunning ,  17 rims are a good choice and a good balance,  also the 45 profile tires are good for performance and yet still retain comfort and looks,  without looking like elastic bands like the lower profiles  :thumbup:

A

Dudes!

Yes! Much discussion took place over having 18” with lower profile, but I didn’t want to overdo it.  17” is the right balance, I think. 

That’s just the three S2’s.  There are more S1’s out of shot.  Tomorrow’s Classics is an Esprit treasure trove of loveliness.

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I’d love to see this when she’s finished. Nice work 👍

Me too! August, counting the days.

• Like 2

Sudders and Dany

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, so thing is, having been turbo extra promised that the car would be ready beginning August, in time for my brief return between business trips... it totally wasn’t. Not even close. I won’t bore with just how many knock on effects this delay is having, suffice to say that I’m not best pleased.

So, I’m afraid that I have nothing to say, and nothing to show, other than a rapidly waning interest for a car I haven’t sat in, let alone driven, in the now over two and a half years since I’ve owned it. 

Sudders and Dany

Well mate, I bought my old nag  in '97, been slaving over it for years and have yet to drive the thing. Hope and expect you"ll do better!

Cheers

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, drdoom said:

Well mate, I bought my old nag  in '97, been slaving over it for years and have yet to drive the thing. Hope and expect you"ll do better!

Cheers

Blimey. Me too.

Sudders and Dany

Looks good Mark

i'm in a similar position with mine, looking forward to getting it finished also never sat in it or driven it etc. I can see in your photo at least my light pods are up! I'm there tomorrow, be nice to see the cars nearly done 

• Like 1

It totally will, Simon. Interestingly, its a light-pod motor electrical issue that is one of the faults that needs tracking down. I’m there on Friday before I fly. Apparently, it’ll have seats in it (maybe) by then.

You gotta love an S2.

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

• Gold FFM

I know on a restomod there's no such thing as supposed to be, but the top of the gearlever gaiter normally goes over the lever inside out to hide the unsightly top edge.

20190826_203007.thumb.jpg.e8e8c181ecb8f6c9c21f71b3840cdb5a.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

I know on a restomod there's no such thing as supposed to be, but the top of the gearlever gaiter normally goes over the lever inside out to hide the unsightly top edge.

And, have a driver’s seat 😁 It’s not actually finished yet, but thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

On 3 July 2019 at 20:14, Suddabym said:

That's totally awesome.  I like that picture because it shows the 3 S2's that Nick currently has in the shop.  Including another Gold S2 (noting, that mine is more awesome).  I've kept an eye on yours too.  Big change from when it came in, what 2 years ago?

Screenshot 2019-07-03 at 20.13.54.png

That number plate isn't standard and I believe is illegal.

Q Branch have been informed.

Commander Bond.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suddabym said:

So, she moves, which is like the main thing for a car.

I took her out on Tuesday and the engine noise is epic. And she's pokey. I guess that 2.2 litre, high compression, fuel injected, circa 220bhp engine and exhaust may have something to do with all that. Clutch pedal and gears are straight out of the 1970's though, so I'll need to look at that at some stage.

Having lowered the front suspension, we've had to go back to the old springs, as the offside wheel was rubbing. Nick also took the drivers seat off the runners and bolted it to the floor so that I can actually fit in. Colin really was a midget.

There are a few bits to bolt back on and adjust, such as the carpets, steering wheel centre, washer nozzles and door mirrors. Minor stuff.

MOT done.

Final final major jobs left are adjusting the light pods and aligning the HID beams.

And then she should be ready to bring home.

#superexcited

Screenshot 2019-09-12 at 11.58.51.png

Is that a personalised plate?