Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My 380 Sport with TVS1900 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My 380 Sport with TVS1900

2 hours ago, steveoexige said:

No, the PPF did it's job. It is BLOODY loud, I'm already well underway with exhaust solutions already!

I'll gladly swap my quiet OEM 350 exhaust for your loud 380 system 🤣🤣🤣

On 23/07/2019 at 13:53, Mattmahope said:

I bet!  I have just heard from RRR that the mapping of my car has gone well.  Should be a significant bump in power, so expect I will need to readjust as well!

Hi Matt - curious to hear how your RRR mapping went? Any increase in engine numbers? 

I'm curious as to the results as I'm not convinced by the SSC map. I'm getting conflicting advice from Hoffman's - they said last week that the SSC map that comes with the TVS kit sets the rev limit at 7k rpm however after a spirited drive today I can confirm my 380 hits the limit at 6800 as per the OEM map. I rang Hoffman's again and now they're saying that their SSC map doesn't change the rev limit from the factory OEM limit. This doesn't make any sense as the 380 is exactly the same as the 350 apart from a smaller supercharger pulley which in turn meant lotus set a lower rev limit for the 380. With the SSC kit providing an entirely new supercharger it would make sense for the 350/380/whatever to all have the same rev limit.  You would think Hoffman's would know the answer considering they are the UK seller for it........

Without knowing whether the SSC map does or doesn't alter the rev limit I'm left wondering if my car is somehow running the OEM Lotus 380 Sport map?? If it is I'd have thought the ECU would be throwing up all sorts of dashboard warning lights.

I'm hoping Chris from Hoffman's can provide a definitive answer otherwise I'll be off to RRR and to hell with the SSC map (if that's what I have).

Are you sure another dealer hasn't overwritten the SSC map? Once you have the SSC map you need to tell your dealer not to install any software updates as it will overwrite the SSC map.

If you have the time, isn't it better just to get someone to a proper map for your car anyway ? SSC provides a generic map as part of the kit right ? ( I had a very bad experience with a generic map provided in a kit ... not SSC ) 

Good looking, awesome house ! 

Edited by chumaxa

Steve, when I looked at the car I seem to remember a cap that sits over the OBD, port, which said something like “do not reflash the ECU” but it was on the shelf in front of the passenger seat, not on the OBD port!

All very interesting as my tuner (which did a few Exige V6's) insists the ECU needs to come out for a reflash.

Now come to think of it, komotec and such do offer a reflash over OBD, so I *think* the OBD 'maps' are maybe just lowering input data to fool the ECU?

14 hours ago, steveoexige said:

Hi Matt - curious to hear how your RRR mapping went? Any increase in engine numbers? 

I'm curious as to the results as I'm not convinced by the SSC map. I'm getting conflicting advice from Hoffman's - they said last week that the SSC map that comes with the TVS kit sets the rev limit at 7k rpm however after a spirited drive today I can confirm my 380 hits the limit at 6800 as per the OEM map. I rang Hoffman's again and now they're saying that their SSC map doesn't change the rev limit from the factory OEM limit. This doesn't make any sense as the 380 is exactly the same as the 350 apart from a smaller supercharger pulley which in turn meant lotus set a lower rev limit for the 380. With the SSC kit providing an entirely new supercharger it would make sense for the 350/380/whatever to all have the same rev limit.  You would think Hoffman's would know the answer considering they are the UK seller for it........

Without knowing whether the SSC map does or doesn't alter the rev limit I'm left wondering if my car is somehow running the OEM Lotus 380 Sport map?? If it is I'd have thought the ECU would be throwing up all sorts of dashboard warning lights.

I'm hoping Chris from Hoffman's can provide a definitive answer otherwise I'll be off to RRR and to hell with the SSC map (if that's what I have).

Hi Steve, we can discuss further but in summary for the benefit of others, with the RRR ecu and mapping you can get a fully bespoke map for whatever hardwear you are running and set within whatever parameters you want. My rev limit is now 7400 for example. Part of the reason I went down this route is because I am very interested in the TVS1900 kit but the maps from SSC would only be for just the supercharger swap or at most supercharger and SSC exhaust. The SSC map would not have catered for my KT intake and my 2bular exhaust. The RRR guys have been very good indeed to deal with as well.

According to the numbers from the RRR dyno, my car did just over 350hp at the wheels, which they say is around 405-410hp at the crank. From the driver’s seat it certainly does feel like a good improvement although there are a few minor teething problems to fix. I ran all day at Snetterton yesterday with no issues. It was pretty warm and I didn’t feel any noticeable drop in power.

Speak soon!

Cheer

3 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Part of the reason I went down this route is because I am very interested in the TVS1900 kit but the maps from SSC would only be for just the supercharger swap or at most supercharger and SSC exhaust. The SSC map would not have catered for my KT intake and ….

The TVS1900 kit does include a air intake system so that should be catered for too? Can't remember which one they use though.

54 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

The TVS1900 kit does include a air intake system so that should be catered for too? Can't remember which one they use though.

They use the SSC intake, which is very similar to the Cup R intake. And yes, the SSC remap takes that into account, but takes no account of any exhaust changes or any different intakes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Are you sure another dealer hasn't overwritten the SSC map? Once you have the SSC map you need to tell your dealer not to install any software updates as it will overwrite the SSC map.

Ok I've spoken with Chris at Hoffman's and he's been really helpful. He thinks he remembers the car and that they supplied the kit to Murray Lotus back in 2017. It was the 1st ever 380 sport with the kit.

As for the ECU map - Chris tells me that an Exige with the SSC kit will ALWAYS show a code on the LCD dash at startup which indicates it's running the SSC map......and mine doesnt. Worryingly when I rang the previous owner this morning he also confirmed that he'd never ever seen a code on the dash at startup. Who knows, maybe the car has never actually had the SSC map???

Tim - just so I have a 2nd opinion - can u confirm that your TVS equipped car shows a code on the lcd dash on startup??

Either way my car will be going into Hoffman's for some investigation.

4 minutes ago, steveoexige said:

Tim - just so I have a 2nd opinion - can u confirm that your TVS equipped car shows a code on the lcd dash on startup??

Tim’s car is an Evora (ie different dash). 

Yeah, mine is an Evora S. On start up procedure:-

the speedo and rev counter needles do their thing whilst all warning lights show.

once the needles settle back to zero, the battery light and MiL light stay on

as soon as engine cranks, the remaining lights extinguish.

Mine definitely has way more power than oem, and had the reflash done by SSC/Hofmann's as part of the install of my TVS1900. Very happy, and Hofmann's were great throughout :)

5 hours ago, steveoexige said:

Ok I've spoken with Chris at Hoffman's and he's been really helpful. He thinks he remembers the car and that they supplied the kit to Murray Lotus back in 2017. It was the 1st ever 380 sport with the kit.

As for the ECU map - Chris tells me that an Exige with the SSC kit will ALWAYS show a code on the LCD dash at startup which indicates it's running the SSC map......and mine doesnt. Worryingly when I rang the previous owner this morning he also confirmed that he'd never ever seen a code on the dash at startup. Who knows, maybe the car has never actually had the SSC map???

Either way my car will be going into Hoffman's for some investigation.

Do you have a picture of this said code??? My 360 didnt show any such code and had the SSC reflash

On 30/07/2019 at 16:14, tim_marra said:

Ok - well the plot thickens (understatement of the year)....

After some serious ringing around I've found out that when the kit was supplied and fitted by Murray Lotus from new the owner wanted more power than the standard TVS kit could deliver. As SSC hadn't developed the chargecooled kit at that time he was left with tweaking the non chargecooled kit and money seemingly being no object he worked with Murray and SSC to also fit uprated fuel injectors, custom decat manifolds and a custom bespoke map made for the car instead of the out of the box SSC map created for the TVS (requiring the ECU to be removed and sent to Oz to be fitted to an SSC car with the same mods and then customer mapped). I have receipts to show he spent an extra £8k on top of the standard TVS kit to do this(!) The head technician at Murray (Ian Campbell) has told me it was, at that time the fastest car he had ever driven and would spit flames all the time :)

Anyway...after 18 months the owner wanted to sell the car and gave Murray the chance to sell it Sale or Return. As the asking price was so high they had no luck and after a few months it was transported down to Lotus Silverstone to see if they could sell it...and here's where the story goes sour. Apparently the car would show a permanent engine check light due to the decat and someone at Lotus Silverstone decided they would not be able to sell the car like that so they reflashed the ECU with what I presume, the OEM Exige 380 map. The car was eventually transported from them to Sytners, the asking price lowered to a point where I am now the owner.

This explains why the car is quick but if I'm honest not as quick as I thought it would be and why the car isn't showing any SSC calibration code on the dash. A helpful guy by the name of Robert at Silverstone Lotus is looking into trying to find if they have the cars custom map on file somewhere (or better still the handheld MyGenius device that comes with the kit and has the custom and original cars map on it). 

If anyone knows the name of a tech at Lotus Silverstone pls let me know so I can get the car running full power.

Edited by steveoexige
  • Like 1