Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Carbon Side Scoops - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Carbon Side Scoops

Following my air intake development, I've been keen to explore more options to feed more cold air, and the simple answer seems to be I need bigger side scoops!

I know @MrP_ had made some good progress with the WinAce version but I kinda want something which is just good (external and internal) from day one. So I'm curious how many other folks are in a similar position and looking for the wider 380 Cup style carbon side scoops?

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yvo, they are excellent... same as MrP’s...

just making some templates for the grills...

2 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Yvo, they are excellent... same as MrP’s...

just making some templates for the grills...

Can you share some pics buddy, I could be swayed... just want a decent finish... 

www.alias23.com

OK mate, be tomorrow now. But same as @MrP_ have some swirl marks in the lacquer, but nothing that wont polish out. Construction to me looks like Fibre glass back with CF front, not 100% CF.

cheers

42 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

OK mate, be tomorrow now. But same as @MrP_ have some swirl marks in the lacquer, but nothing that wont polish out. Construction to me looks like Fibre glass back with CF front, not 100% CF.

cheers

The ducting is GRP, the scoop is all CF, not skinned, at least mine were

8 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

430 is, 380 isn’t

Yep 380s were skinned

22 hours ago, alias23 said:

Following my air intake development, I've been keen to explore more options to feed more cold air, and the simple answer seems to be I need bigger side scoops!

I know @MrP_ had made some good progress with the WinAce version but I kinda want something which is just good (external and internal) from day one. So I'm curious how many other folks are in a similar position and looking for the wider 380 Cup style carbon side scoops?

I'm in.....keep me in the loop.  ;)

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

The WinAce solution looks pretty good from the side, the carbon looks nice to be fair, for the price they seem decent value. However for me its that internal shot that turns me off even with mesh I'm not too keen. I've been able to get a few shots from my source:

CarbonIntake2.thumb.jpg.78201e9afa576388a77da58f846b79f6.jpg

CarbonIntake1.thumb.jpg.c18cc233a7628e655689f4a1d979818a.jpg

The scoops are two parts, the internal is grp but looks super smooth, the external is proper carbon and I've had confirmation is not skinned. The two part design is also supposed to help with install. Im going to ask for a bit more info on the install to understand what's involved.

Looks like I can get a group buy price, however the price won't be as low as the WinAce solution, it will be more I'm afraid ... If anyones interested let me know and I'll investigate more what pricing options look like and timescales. I think I'm in for trying them but likely will wait until mid/late August as they also sell the internal side sills so will look to get them at the same time if I go ahead...

• Thanks 1

www.alias23.com

Hi, black stipe just came with the pods. Making a grill to fit, helped as always by @MrP_. He has an excellent write up on here.

cheers

Komotecs are two part also. I just didnt fancy drilling the car as i want all mods to be reversible.

cheers

• Like 1

I’d be interested Imran - I’m a stickler for original with cars but a set of these would look good. One thing I would say.......the ones on the 380 and 430 look shit inside and not finished at all. They don’t come with mesh either from memory.

8 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Hi, black stipe just came with the pods

I like the black edge personally but that’s probably because I like the 380 version👌

5 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

I’d be interested Imran - I’m a stickler for original with cars but a set of these would look good. One thing I would say.......the ones on the 380 and 430 look shit inside and not finished at all. They don’t come with mesh either from memory.

I like the black edge personally but that’s probably because I like the 380 version👌

Agree its the inside which is why I'm trying to find an alternative.... if this supplier provides a smooth inside as I feel the photos show then great, if after a bit more poking find its still rough and fibreglassey then im out and probably retreat to WinAce with mesh (as MrP_ has done).

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

The ones on the Cup look superb😎.......but I now see the early ones don’t have a stripe after all as Imran’s example above. Photos of early without stripe but more refined inside and another with stripe......the originals look a far better fit from the pic supplied. Interestingly the Cup 430 version (red car photo) has no black stripe and in this photo is not as good a fit?

AF90CCFE-57B8-4C0D-9E18-5A0B5F2DF51D.jpeg

84EAFCA0-D768-40AB-B484-2BC17D444C7C.jpeg

B6FC1224-70D9-45D7-A04B-A3D629CF1361.jpeg

• Confused 1