Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
430 Cup rear diffuser (parts involved for swap) - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

430 Cup rear diffuser (parts involved for swap)

No those parts are for the v6 cup not the 410/430 style diffuser

You need the diffuser: B138U0212F

Part 14a on here

YCgwEts.png

And the grill, either B138U0272F if you don't want the hole for towing strap (as per 410), or B138U0271F if you do want the hole for towing strap (as per 430)

Part 35 on here

CscloJ7.png

Then 4x M6 spire nuts, M6*18 button head bolts (4), 4x M6 washers. If you haven't already, replace all the other fixings for stainless.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

@Sharky yes the 430 cup bracket puts the loop out horizontal, the v6Cup bracket holds the loop on its side. The 430cup bracket is also cheaper

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Bringing this back to life:)

Can I pls double check that only the rear diffuser assemply and grille are required to do the swap over and not the diffuser finisher?

As it stands, the diffuser assemply on early cars is attached to the grille, am i right to think that the 410/430 grille can be attached to the existing early finisher and from there i can use the existing fittings to fit the late difusser assemply?

Later prices are £113.97 for the grille and £405.81 for the diffuser, £624 all in. Which is not terrible.

Thanks and happy new Year:)

Just to update this, it seems that the early CUP cars would also need a different bracket for the toe strap. That is because the strap is vertical on the V6 CUP but orizontal on the later ones. Still not sure whether the mounting holes are the same, I assume they are. Deroure has no price currently but says 'contact us'.

Also, can anyone please confirm whether the 380 CUP diffuser is the same as the 430 CUP? Going from the pics in original post, the 380 CUP setup looks better than 430 to my eyes, the honeycomb grille is smaller and matches the rest of my car whilst the actual diffuser is pointing slightly upwards.

On 30/12/2021 at 13:12, MrD said:

Bringing this back to life:)

Can I pls double check that only the rear diffuser assemply and grille are required to do the swap over and not the diffuser finisher?

As it stands, the diffuser assemply on early cars is attached to the grille, am i right to think that the 410/430 grille can be attached to the existing early finisher and from there i can use the existing fittings to fit the late difusser assemply?

Later prices are £113.97 for the grille and £405.81 for the diffuser, £624 all in. Which is not terrible.

Thanks and happy new Year:)

Like per my post: you need the grille and the diffuser; not the finisher. 

The 380 cup diffuser is different to the 430 cup one.  I fitted the 430 cup one.

• Like 1

Thanks Kristof, as mentioned i wanted to double check prior to starting ordering parts. As per my comment and for info for future members, early cup car owners would also need the tow strap bracket so it's 3 parts in total, one rarer than the other it seems..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Managed to fit the 430 diffuser this weekend (with some help from a mate)

The hardest part was swapping the vertical tow strap bracket for the horizontal bracket. 

Managed to pick up the diffuser for £350 and the grille for about £115. The bracket was £30 so costs were really reasonable considering it was all OEM.

EAE2D5CB-5D5A-4364-91E0-F768506FCD67.jpeg

• Like 1

I was really pleased with the results after doing this mod. One thing I found was that of the four mounting bolts that are not the rear grill fixing or connection to the under tray, the forward most holes on each side didn't line up with the existing hangers. Did anyone else find this and what solution did you use? I've noticed on some pictures from other cars that the forward holes look to have been slotted. 

The ones here. They pick up on a bracket that supports the 'pointy' ends of the rear valance that houses the reversing sensors. If these were direct fit for everyone I've done something wrong 🙈

78105F0B-3586-4E9B-949E-4B8576F24FCF.jpeg

@Sharky I found I needed to tweak the two rear hangers to get the diffuser to sit right, then put all the fixings in finger tight then start from the rear when tightening it all back up again which drew the rear brackets into place, the brackets are quite thin so form easily to the different whole locations.

I haven't purchased a rear finisher yet as I've got the early Cup tow strap, I've just made some temporary brackets which I may just change out for adjustable diffuser rods.

Rear diffuser.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2022 at 19:56, Diablos-666 said:

Managed to fit the 430 diffuser this weekend (with some help from a mate)

The hardest part was swapping the vertical tow strap bracket for the horizontal bracket. 

Managed to pick up the diffuser for £350 and the grille for about £115. The bracket was £30 so costs were really reasonable considering it was all OEM.

EAE2D5CB-5D5A-4364-91E0-F768506FCD67.jpeg

Second that. What on earth was lotus thinking by not having the captive nuts fixed? There is literally no space there and trying to align the bracket with the bolts was impossible, especially from the side of the heat shield. I spent 2 hours just for 4 bolts. Insane.

I think we spent about 3/4 hours getting this done and by far the longest part was fitting the new tow strap bracket.

Stupid design! Obviously it would have been easier if we dropped the exhaust but we didn’t want to go through all that just for 4 bolts - for something I hope I never have to use. 

• 2 months later...