Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
19 inch Rears - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

19 inch Rears

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

PIlot sport 4S do not come in the correct front fitting for the 18” wheel.  One combination recommended here is Pilot Super Sport up front and 4S on the rear. 

Otherwise if you want same tyres all round the car. Then the Pilot Sport 4 (non S) comes in the correct fitting front and back. 

The PS4 is a very good tyre better than the Pzero. If you don’t track your car then I don’t think you will notice the difference to the PS4S. 

• Like 1

I would echo everything Jairaj says above, I'm running the PS4 with no problems whatsoever, they are better than the PZeros (noticeably less tyre noise and pliant ride) which is what I had previously and I've no problems with them in the colder weather so far either.

• Gold FFM

I'm running the PSS front / PS4S rear combination and loving it. So much quieter and stickier than the Pirellis.

The rears are coming up on 10k miles and still have loads of life left in them - the Pirellis on the other hand, at that mileage, would have had about as much tread as a billiard ball, :driving:.

Sorry for the delay in responding, thanks for all the advice.

I got Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted to the rears at the weekend. The fronts have a bit more life left in them so will wait till next year to change them so they all match. 

I recently changed my rears to MPS4 and still have the pirellis on the front.  Had a good drive on wet roads at the weekend and the grip and balance of the car is superb.  Will be getting  MPS4 fitted on the front when the Pirellis wear a bit more, but certainly no cause for concern re mixing them.

It's good to get wheel alignment checked from time to time in any car and in a high performance car such as Evora its good to also get the suspension geometry checked time to time too although not as often as the wheel alignment.  But you don't need to check every time you change tyres.  

I've not found any real consensus on what a suitable interval between checks is.  Some will say every year while others will say every 3 years.  Just depends on how many miles you drive yearly, how pot holed your local roads are or how rough you are over kerbs on track days etc. These are all factors that will make it more likely that the wheel alignment or suspension geo could have got knocked out of alignment.  So if you do 15K miles a year on very bumpy, pot holed roads you may want to get it checked every year, if you are doing 5K miles a year on buttery smooth tarmac then you could probably wait a few years between checks

If you have no idea when the last alignment check was done then I'd recommend getting one done regardless of if you have changed or about to change your tyres.  It doesn't cost too much £40-£60 should be ball park figure for 4 wheel alignment check.  If the change to new tyres all round is not too big say ~3months, I'd just wait till you have the correct tyres on all four corners and get the alignment done once rather than doing it again when you get new rears.

And if you track your car or are sensitive to set up changes then I'd recommend getting the geo checked too.  You may also want change the geometry to suit your driving preferences better.

Cheers Jai

think as I do a few k a year and generally low speed and avoid the potholes I will wait until I have all four tyres changed to get alignment reviewed

I am thinking that the wear on all corners might come together but I think looking at the current state that wear on fronts will be a clear wear need ? Also the outlay in one go with kill the bank balance 😳

Just to follow this up, as my Golf failed its MOT so I've been using the Evora as a daily and have to say i'm impressed with the new Michelin's on the rear. They seem a little more pliant and certainly have more grip in the wet (though the P Zeros were basically bald, so not a huge surprise).

• Like 1