Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBC Sounds - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

BBC Sounds

oilmagnet477

Why, when I use this facility online, am I bombarded with photos of people I don't recognise (or even care to?)

The whole point of radio is that you LISTEN to it and don't give a shit about what they look like.

The fact I detest Zoe Ball and Sarah Cox has NOTHING to do with their looks. It is the fact that they talk BOLLOCKS

God how I miss Wogan!

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don’t use BBC Sounds, but I wholeheartedly concur with your appraisal of Ms Ball and Ms Cox. You did however miss out the similarly-talented Lisa Tarbuck, who, one can only imagine, is paid by the word, not the job.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Couldn't agree more but I didn't want to come across as a total misogynist! However, in my defense there are plenty of women on R4 I can quite happily listen to all day long - so it comes down to quality not quantity.

I only wish jobs were awarded on the basis of merit instead of having to meet some PC quota for gender equality. No wonder Mayo left!

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Woman's hour on R4 actually is quite a good listen at times! Often listen to it when travelling to meetings. Gives a different perspective to things 

I bet you lot did not expect that from me!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Or who their parents are/were

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Woman's hour on R4 actually is quite

I'm even surprised in this pc world of bollox we live in that even this 'women's hour' is still aloud. I mean, isn't this sexist? Can you imagine the uproar if some producer at the BBC tried to insert 'Man's hour' into the schedule heaven forbid. Knowing what the BBC is like, 'Transgender hour' will be along shortly.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mums and toddlers?   - just reinforces the point dads don't matter

Mothercare - in to administration as only catered for half of the market!

Mother and baby aisle - co dad's never do the shopping

Women in business network - no men allowed....

etc...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

There are few things that I simply cannot listen to and Liza Tarbuck is one of them. How on Earth she is permitted on national radio is a mystery to me...

Zoe Ball was OK on Saturday afternoon radio but I've stopped listening to the R2 breakfast show since she took over. Sara Cox is at least slightly more bearable.

Never been the same since Wogan left. We had weekend Wogan for a while but it was a truly sad day when he left us. Part of my childhood.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Can't stand Zoe Ball, it's just a frenzy, one of her trailers said" it's just like live and kicking" summed it up that was 20 odd years ago, she is now in her late forties not early twenties. It's just a load of noise with her mates on promoting stuff. 

the breakfast show went down hill with Evans turning it into a glorified kids show for the school run. Wogan used to aim it at adults with a wink especially the Janet and John stories. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Wogan had content, substance, quality and was well prepped.

The rest is tragically like most other things these days - showy, trashy, PC, about the individuals brand, etc.

Sad to say but it's a generational thing. 

The small print.